29

-"...this is your foult"

I was about to faint in my spot.
I couldn't believe those word came out of my mother's mouth. I was in shock.

Davina's hand that was in my lap was squeezing the shit out of my hand, she was trembling, her little hand was red due to the strength she was using to clench it, her face was red, the tip of her ears as well, the look in her eyes was wild, i could see the range in her eyes. She was breathing fastly and heavily, he nostrils expanded with every breath. Her nails were hurting the skin of my hand.

I was mad. Not mad, surprised, hurt? I couldn't believe the loving woman that raised me had became in that in front of me. Of course i knew that woman died years ago but i thought that when everything changed she could come back. I was wrong. She was mean, her words were hurtful, like if she was mad that everyone could be happy but her. I didn't knew if I should feel anger or pity.

Davina stood from her chair violently making it fell back. I thought she would snap at my mom, and i wouldn't stop her honestly, but she just walked out of the dining room and to the stairs. I knew she would just cry as soon a she step in the room. Not because she was sad but because she was furious.

-"i just said the truth" my mom said. She really has the nerve...

-"i thought you had changed" i finally spoke. I should've stopped her from saying all that but i couldn't even open my mouth. -"i really thought mom that you had changed"

-"don't start with this harry i'm just doing the best for you"

-"you don't even know what's best for me mom" i screamed. -"i don't even think you care"

She looked at me wide-eyed. I've snapped at her for the first time, twice in less than 24 hours.

-"you wanted answer for your questions? You want to know who is davina taruk valencia?"- I wasn't screaming anymore but my voice was loud. She kept looking at me shocked but i just couldn't stop myself, if there was someone shocked was me. I couldn't believe that was my mom.
-"she's was the president of her father's company for three years, and managed ALL of his business at the same time when he had a heart attack and had to leave the company"

That wasn't a lie.

-"and she left all of that for me..."- that wasn't a lie either, she had to leave everything in the moment she married me. -"she's one of the most intelligent women you would ever meet in your life...she played in the national team of volleyball of her country...and she thinks i don't know it ...but i do, and i also know she left it for me"

Tears started to form in my eyes, i couldn't tell if it was for my mom and for how hurt i felt, for davina and my realization of how much she's done for her family and ultimately me, or for how hurt she must feel for my mother's words.

-"she's the daughter of one of the most prestigious billionaire of the world, she has more money in her bank account than you could even imagine, and trust me mother when i tell you that none of it is mine, so you don't have to worry for my money she has enough of that, and she worked for it by the way"

He expression changed completely but it didn't convinced me.

-"i really thought you had changed mom"

-"I-I didn't mean to say that-"

-"but you said it mom, you're the same, mean, cold, evil person you were. Not because you have money now it means you're better than anyone, i can't believe you had the nerve of judging her for the fact that she's from another country, and that you assumed that she was poor and stupid for it, who the hell you think you are?"