48

-"Dad! Someone's in the yard"

Fuck. No, no, no.

I tried to ran out but something, or better someone caught me. I turned around to see who was grabbing me to see a tall man looking down at me with... concern?

-"Sorry sir, I didn't-I-I"

-"What do you want?"

-"Nothing, I was just trying to get to the other street I promise I just-"

-"Why are you alone so late? How old are you?"-He asked letting go of my arm but taking a grip of my shirt.

-"I'm... I just need to... please"- I looked at my house where the screams were getting worse and I just wanted to run as away as possible.

-"how old?"

-"Twelve"- He let out a laugh as if my age was something funny. Well maybe it was, I don't know how old people think.

-"Go boy"- He said still laughing and letting go of me. I ran as fast as I could passing by a older girl that looked at me with disgust but I ignored her and just ran away.

I turned around to see one last time back at the man and he was looking at my house with a serious expression now and then turned to look at me.

~~~~~

-"Just follow me"- I said to marcel that looked at me with no emotion. -"Why are you like this?"- I said as I stepped out the window and into the roof and slipped down to the back yard.

-"If I get hurt you'll pay me"

-"Just hurry"

-"Can you wait? Damn"- He snapped slipping not very professionally on the roof and then got stuck hanging on it.

I growled seeing his clumsiness. When he was finally down I grabbed his hand and ran to the fence and looked to the other back yard.

-"Now we ran to the other side"

-"What if the people there see us?"

-"He won't say anything!"

-"He? Who?"

-"The guy there... just follow me"

We were whispering even tho we knew mom wouldn't hear us anyways.

-"No"- He hissed. -"We don't even know who lives there, it could be a pervert or something"

-"I've done this before marcel, I promise is ok"- I tried but he just kept shaking his head no. -"Mom's going to wake up and get mad at us, decide now"- he looked back at home and after a few seconds he finally nodded.

-"Follow me"- I said excited and climbing the fence. I helped him do the same and then we both jumped into the neighbour's yard.

I ran as soon as I landed but a few meters away I realised I wasn't being followed. I turned around to see marcel petrified against the fence.

-"Are you serious?"- I mouthed to him even tho I knew he wasn't looking at me. I was about to throw a tantrum because now I had to run back and get him.