60

My first instinct was to bed down even though their hands were on me. One of them was talking some shit about some stupid complaint against me when the shoot echoed in the place.

My first instinct was to bend down and cover my head. The second one was to look at her.

She was already looking at me. Her eyes getting shinier as she took a deep breath but still looked at me. I looked in disbelieve at the red stain that spread on her clothes on her stomach and grew with the seconds. My eyes travelled from her stomach to her face seeing her expression change from surprise to sadness.

Then I reacted.

-"Davina?"- I whispered and almost choke with a sob.

-"We'll report that as emmm, obstruction to an arrest"- One of them spoke. -"She was obstructing the arrest and well... it was an accident"- He explained calmly. I ignored him, I just wanted to help her. I took a step in her direction and one of then grabbed my arm, I looked at him and snatched my arm away but someone else grabbed me before I could take another step. But still I wanted her in my arms and wasn't willing to leave it like that.

Her name was the only word that left my mouth as I fought with the hands that grabbed me. Ignoring the pain of the few punches and kicks that weren't stopping me at all. But still she was so fucking away. I looked at the blurry image of her on the floor fighting to breath properly and still then she looked beautiful. I called for her, trying to keep her awake and with me but she didn't looked at me anymore. Her eyes were looking at the sky as she tried to keep them open. The only thing I could hear were my own scream and laments for her. The pain and the rest was silent.

But they were more, and I was alone, and I was sad and weak and my wife was dying in the floor and my heart and strength were dying with her so they won. They won in every aspect. I knew it when my hands were handcuffed behind my back and I was condemned to see her die without doing anything. Still I called for her, hoping for her to hear me and come back to me.

But of course my effort was in vain and she wasn't going to come back.

I didn't felt any strength to fight anymore. But still did, even if I was  defeated. Even if everything seemed to be over, even if the little bit of hope I had left died with her. Even if the pain in my body asked me to stop. I fought. Because the pain in my body did not compare in the least to the pain I felt in my soul.

I had never felt such a big fear, I had never felt so empty, but I was still fighting, trying to free myself to return to her as I promised in that message. But again life taught me that I always lose.

I saw her stop breathing. I saw her surrender and close her beautiful eyes as the blood continued to spread around her.

I screamed even louder, hoping for someone to hear me and come and help her. To save her. Someone, whoever. I screamed all the way as they dragged me to their car and all they way to whatever they took me to. I screamed until it was over and I couldn't do it anymore. Until I couldn't remember anything.

~~~~

-"Hey! Wake up"

I opened my eyes reluctantly feeling more tired than ever, my entire body hurt, especially my wrists and my back. I sat on my spot and every bone of my body cracked with the movement.

-"Fuck"- I cursed the pain. I stretched lazily and then rubbed my eyes to then answer the call. -"What?"

-"Someone wants to talk to you"- The guard said making me look up at him. Next to him was barney. The guard looked at him with disgust and then looked at me apologetic. Not even his own people wants him.