73

I walked out the room making sure to leave the door open, hoping for no one to close it or it will be a challenge to get in and take actual control of something. I walked calmly for a few seconds until I was far enough for start running. I pulled my phone out my pocket rapidly dialing the last number I called before. The name "Mia" showing in my screen as I waited for him to pick up.

-"Where the fuck are you?"- I whispered as soon as he picked up the phone.

-"I am almost there, almost there"

I heard some screams from behind the house and my heart was about to explode inside my chest.

-"HURRY!"- I screamed at the phone as I ran my hand trough my hair.

I hoped it worked. If I was him I would think about it, if he really needed the money he would wait and think about it. I hoped he did. He would depend on me and if he was intelligent enough he would know better than harm her, I hoped so.

I hanged up the phone and stood beside the door waiting. Slowly and silently pacing and thinking about the worst outcome of all of this. If something happened to her because of my great idea I would fucking kill myself. I heard a soft thump against the snow and I ran to the window to look out of it. I saw how the bodies fell one by one to the ground and I've never been more happy to see someone die nor to see Jhan's face. He ran towards the house with his weapon hanging on his shoulder but his eyes focused on what could attack.

I opened the door slowly.

-"I'm here... boss"- He greeted cheersfully.

-"I  have no time for this"- I muttered and started to run to that room once again, following the screams that echoed from it. The worst of the scenarios where playing in my head and when I finally reached it was true.

I stopped on my track. Looking at her. She was scared, I could tell, but she held his gaze, her dried tears being replaced by new ones, but she was standing strongly in front of him. A big frame stood in front of me covering the view. It took me a few seconds to understand. He was not scared, he just acted, with zero tact, he was lossing nobody, it was easy for him to just walk in take his gun form the waist of his pants and point it to his neck, letting him feel the cold if it.

I reacted. That was a good chance. I ran to her feeling angry, with him, with Victor, with the world, with myself for putting her life in danger, what if we didn't make it on time.

-"It took you too long... Way too funking long"- I scolded jhan as I scanned her entire beautiful body in one go. She seemed diminutive after all, ready for it to end right here and right now, her gaze on jhan and her brother, as if waiting for something to happen. 

-"I was busy dealing with the people outside, sorry"- He answered. Davina's eyes widened for a seconds when she apparently acknowledged Jhan's presence.

-"You're ok? Davina, look at me, you ok?"- I asked her fractically looking how her graze got lost on her thoughts, how she just looked at them and not me, she finally looked at me amd nodded slowly as new tears rolled down her cheeks. My cry baby.-"I am so sorry, so sorry, but you're ok now"- I hugged her to my chest but she didn't hug me back. It felt horrible but honestly we didn't have time for that.

-"Oh Jahn, my friend"- Victor said lowly Making us look back at them again.

-"You're friend? I would rather be not offended while on my work hours, Victor"

They spoke among themselves but we had no time for it. I looked down at her and she knew exactly what to do. Get out of here. We really had no idea what could be out there after this, there could be more people helping him, it could get worse. We both ran to the table and started freeing her family, she ran to Valerie as I ran to saima to free them, as soon  as her hands were free she took the layers of tape off her mouth.