35

I walked out of the office rapidly but the door of the elevator closed before i could reach it so I just stoped running. I was so tired.

-"sir please, I can't loose the job"- I heard mia said behind me. -"you know I can't"

I saw so much violence against my mom when I was young that the single thought disgusted me. But I wanted to throw that bitch throught a window.

I pressed the buttons of the elevator rapidly hoping for one of them to just open, as fast as possible, I just wanted to go home. Everyone was looking at me and mia that kept talking behind me, both of us crying, but she was a bit louder than me, and the damn thing did not opened, so I opted for the stairs. I ran to them and started to go down as fast as my tired lungs for the crying, could take me.

When I got to the sixth floor I was choking and a saving elevator opened, I ran to it and got to the first floor panting but alive. I didn't even said a thing to the security guard as I often do, I just passed straight.

I left the building and walked to my car. I hadn't stopped crying and my whole face, face and heart ached. if marcel would listen to me, he would tell me that my head should hurt because one loves with the brain, the heart only pumps blood. But my chest hurt, so the part of my brain that made me love davina must be in my damn chest.

I took off my tie while getting in the car because I felt I was suffocating, I unbuttoned my shirt and took a breath. I grabbed the wheel and squeezed it as hard as I could as I took a deep breath and tried to calm myself down. I needed to get home and talk to Davina but I couldn't do it in this state, I had to calm down, even if it was just a little bit.

I adjusted my suit and prepared to go home. I drove as fast as prudence allowed me, I wanted to arrive but I wanted to get there alive. I knew that as soon as I got home, everything would get even worse, but being both alone and at home maybe the statistics would be favorable for me. or so I hoped, I could end up saving my relationship or with a shot in my forehead, davina looked so angry and hurt, so determined to kill me that any final for me would be possible. but I had to try, I had to explain and she would understand. I expected her to understand.

I parked the car in front of the house but didn't see another car parked there, I got down troubled and walked quickly into the house.

- "today was not your day!" - Joshua told me looking at my appearance.

- "davina" -

-"she hasn't returned"

I should have suspected that.

I sat in the couch with my head in my hands and tried to breath calmly.

-"what happened?"- joshua asked me walking towards me. He seemed concerned, I must look that bad.

-"I need to find her"- I started. -"I need to fix this... you always say you love like a son right, help me then"

-"but what happened?"

-"I fucked up big time, you have to help me, if you know where she is, just please-"

-"I don't know, I swear"

-"but she must be here, where else?"

-"away from you I guess"

I let myself fall in the couch again and cried like a kid. Joshua sat by my side and patted my back trying to comfort me a bit but failed miserably, he wasn't the best at that, he seemed just awkward.

-"why did you guys fight for this time?"- he asked and I had to look up to look at him. He seemed very concerned this time, he really wanted to help, do I look that bad?