31

-"let me help you"

-"I'm good, thank yo- don't eat that harry"

-"morning"

We both turned around to see my mom standing next to the end of the counter. She seemed relaxed and perfectly fine, as if nothing just happened the day before.

Davina and I were making breakfast. Well davina was making breakfast and i was eating everything. We woke up a little late today and i took the day off, again, even tho i was planning on going to the office for a while in the afternoon.

-"Morning"- i said coldly but that didn't seem to affect her.

Davina didn't said a word and that surprised me since she had that idea of liking my mom no matter what but seemed like she had changed her mind.

My mom opened the fridge and took out some juice as i looked at her from the other end of the counter. Davina just paid attention to her pancakes in the pan, acting as cool as possible but i knew she was nervous. The tension in the place was unbelievable.

-"mom can we talk?"- I started, the situation needed to have an end, I was basically in the middle of and nonexistent battle in which the only one fighting was my mom, but i didn't wanted to get the point where davina would fight back.

-"about what?"

I took a deep breath and started to walk out of the kitchen hoping my mom would follow me. And she did.

I made her sit on the couch of the living room and i sat in front of her.

-"ok mom loo-"

-"good to know that i am "mom" again"

-"yeah but listen... I am sorry for some of the things i said yesterday, I was very exalted and understand that i could've said much of the things i said without hurting you, and for that i am sorry"-I tried to speak as calm as possible so she wouldn't think i was trying to start an argue again. 

-"good"

-"but... i am still mad at you... i know i can't force you into someone that apparently you don't like but i still ask you to please try or at least respect her"

She looked at me but didn't say a word. Nothing.

-"you have to accept the fact that she is my wife and i love her... a lot"- i continued but she didn't bother to speak. We both looked at davina in the kitchen who was looking at us but as soon our gaze landed on her she turned around to continue to pretend that she was doing something. My mom looked at me again and i looked at her.

-"I would never, ever accept her as part of my family, end of the deal, you can't do as you want, you always do it anyways-

-"but-but why?"

-"you can stay with her, you've said multiple times, she's your wife, and i can tell she's got a strong influence in you... I guess that's why you scream at me now... but that's you, i don't and I won't even trust her"

I stood up muttering a simple ok and swalloing my range away. It was unbelievable for me but at least she said in a nice way this time.

-"and don't worry for me anymore, i waited for you to step out of that room so I could talk to you, and I've done it so i'm going home now"- she started standing up as well.

-"great"

-"yeah great"

She turned around and walked up stairs as haughty and arrogant as one can be. I stayed there looking at her as i thought what the fuck i did to deserve this.