63

I don't know how she convinced me but I was happy she did.

-"Babe I won't fit there"

-"Please babe, it's big enough, please"

-"My baby but I'll be just here-"

-"Baby please"

-"You'll wake up your mom"

-"You'll make me cry"

-"I'll hurt you baby"

-"No you won't, look I'll move just a bit and you fit perfectly I promise and there's just one wound on this side and you'll be on this side so you won't touch it baby, come here yeah?"

-"I can't believe I'll do this"

-"Yey!"

I smiled wildly and helped her to move a little bit, then silently and being careful of not to wake Martha up I got into the bed. It was bigger than expected but still I was just petrified, trying not to hurt her. She got comfortable on her side and placed her head on my chest, moving as if nothing hurt.

-"Davina love be careful"- I asked her when I saw her moving all around with not even an ounce of care.

-"Ok, ok"- She whispered. -"Now sleep babe"

-"uhumm"

I was so uncomfortable at first but as soon as I get confident and knew that I wasn't hurting her I relaxed. Starting to scratch her scalp and play with her hand that was on my chest, feeling her breath against my chest. She fell asleep way before I did giving me time by myself. Or by myself with her. I still couldn't believe I was lucky enough to have her by my side after all.

It took me way too long to fall asleep and just two minutes later I had to wake up anyways. Who was pretty sleepy all the time was davina, even to eat we had to wake her up with an unusual effort but I just blamed the fact that she had been sedated for so long.

It was not surprising for me that she wanted me by her side all the time but it got me uncomfortable martha's discomfort. Not that we were being inappropriate, just too close all the time and davina didn't seem to want to let go. She was touching me all the time in some kind of way, even if it was just her fingers brushing my hand as she was concentrated in something else, but at the moment I mover or even attempt to walk away her attention was all on me.

Not that I didn't liked it. But Martha looked at us like two weirdos.

-"Your brothers are coming"- Martha announced as she walked in with the phone in hands. -"And everyone else I guess but they'll come one by one... I think, I don't even know"

We both nodded looking at each other. Davina noticed my discontent and squeezed my hand in hers giving me an apologetic look. I muttered an "It's ok" and smiled awkwardly. I wasn't in the mood to see those both but wasn't going to stop her from seeing her family.

-"You seem mad"- Davina told me in a whisper as she caressed my cheek.

-"I'm not, truly"

-"You'll be ok?"

-"I saw them yesterday and it went well, I guess"

She nodded and tried to seat but again the pain stoped.

-"If you don't stay still I swear to god..."

-"What? What are you going to do?"- She challenged with a smirk. I didn't even had an answer to that. I mean, how do you answers to that? I just looked at her trying to hold my laugher and look serious.

-"Just... stop moving!"

-"But I want to sit gosh"

-"There's a motherfucking button in here to do so, and if you don't stay still I swear to fucking god..."- Martha kindly suggested showing us the button besides the bed that moved the damn thing. Davina stood silently and nodded obediently. -"Why don't you ask what would I do?"