Telling Him

Killian's Pov

I feel the sunlight on my face. I reach over onto the other side of the bed trying to grab Emma's hand, but all I feel was empty space. I panic for a moment and my eyes snap open. Emma isn't there. We almost always wake up together. I relax when I can hear her faint voice coming from downstairs. I look at her pillow and imagined her golden locks sprawled across the pillow, like it is most mornings. Her eyes closed gently as she slept peacefully, usually I am the early bird. I wonder what caused her to get up so early.

I finally drag myself out of bed and walk down the stairs. Emma is sitting on counter, on the phone, with a cup of hot chocolate in front of her. Ok, I guess no pancakes today. I think, slightly disappointed.

Emma's hair shines in the sun, I catch her glancing over at me. She is on the phone, so she says goodbye to whoever it was and turns to smile at me.

"You're up early. Did you not sleep well?" I walk up to her grabbing her waist.

"I just couldn't sleep, that's all. I guess I'm still not 100 percent better."

"Well this pirate is going to make sure his princess is all better. Who was that, on the phone?"

"Regina, me and her were just talking."

"Ok," I reply.

I kiss her on the cheek and pour myself a glass of hot chocolate.

"How are you feeling today, love? Better than yesterday?"

"A little bit better."

"Well you're not going to work today."

"Killian," she complains, "I'm fine. I am going to go help David at the station."

"Not on my watch. You are going to stay home and get some well deserved rest."

"I'm not dying, Killian."

"No, but my wife is not going to get better if she doesn't put aside her stubbornness and listen to her husband, who she knows is right,,"

I set my cup down and wrap my arms around her waist. Her arms fall loosely around my neck. I get lost in those beautiful, forest green eyes filled with adventure, hope, and love.

"Fine," she succumbs.

"Listen there is something really important I need to talk to you about," her eyes fill with concern.

"What is it, love?" My brows furrowing.

"Well...." she pauses, as if uncertain, "How about we talk about it over dinner from Granny's?"

"Ok," I say still unsure if I was really ok with it.

Does she even trust me? She can tell me anything. I am her husband. She's hiding something, but I know not to push her. Instead of getting mad. I take a deep breath, returning my attention to my wife.

"I am sure you will tell me on your own time," I say, lifting up her chin and planting a small kiss on her lips, "I love Emma, you know that right?"

She nods.

"I love you too," she says, giving me a reassuring smile.

I walk up to our bedroom to get dressed for work. Emma had finally given in and is going to stay home. I throw on my leather jacket. I left the house and walk to the station. I work with Emma and David as a deputy. I love working with Emma and her father. I love each and every new adventure we go on, even if sometimes all I did was grab them hot chocolate and food from Granny's. I worked with my two favorite people and it was the best job. I could just fill in for Emma today. On the walk there all I could think about was Emma and if she trusted me or not. I am sure she will tell me. She just needs some time. She's Emma, and I know her. She just needs some space.