Days Without You

Emma's Pov

Three Days Later (Emma is almost 12 weeks)

*Also the flashbacks and the video Emma plays will be in Italics*

Sprawled across the spinning chair at my desk, I go through piles and piles of paperwork, anything to keep my mind off Killian. I feel like a clingy little child. I am independent. I can do fun things without Killian.

I look at the couch across from my desk and think of Killian. My mind wandered to the time we spent together all those years ago.

"Did you break her heart?" I ask Killian about his past with Ursula.

He pauses for a second, sighing.

"Worse," is all he says in return and I see guilt quickly sweep over his gaze.

"Look...," I look into his eyes, "Whatever you did, you're not that person anymore."

His gaze shifts, uncertainly, avoiding eye contact with me.

"It's not going to change anything between us," I add.

"That's quite a lot of faith you're putting on me, Swan," his eyebrows twitch up for a moment.

"I know," taking his hand, "And there's a reason for it."

"What's that?" he asks as I drag him over to the couch and we sit down..

"My parents. I had this moment today where I doubted them. They said they were going for a hike, and I actually thought they were lying to me," my eyebrow furrow.

"Were they?" Hook asks.

"No," I shake my head, "My parent would never lie to me. But the fact that I could think that they would, it reminded me that I have this tendency to," I look up at him, holding his hand tighter and sigh, "Expect the worst in people. In my childhood... People were always letting me down, and I..."

"Hey. I don't intend to let you down," Killian says desperately sincere.

"I know," I smile, "And I know whatever happened with that sea witch... you can tell me on your own time. Because no matter what, I'm gonna do what my parents always do. I'm going to choose to see the best in you," I gaze into his eyes lovingly.

"And I with you."

The flashback fades and I have a smile on my face. Emma! Stop thinking of Killian. It's only been three days. You have been apart longer than that, it's not like you'll die without him.

Okay I really need to do something to get my mind off of him and paperwork is sadly not cutting it. I would totally be down for a girls night at Aesop's or The Rabbit Hole, but I am pregnant, so that's another nope. Dammit Killian! Not only do you leave me for an entire week, but you also knock me up, so that I can't even have a girls night and drink with you gone. I already miss Killian's flask of rum, now I have to miss him which is worse. And I don't have rum.

"Ugh," I slam a folder of paperwork on my desk.

"That bad, huh?" a voice calls from the door of my office.

I swivel around in my chair, knowing exactly who it is.

"Killian being gone is making me feel like a needy lovesick puppy dog. And I hate it," I say.

"Well I got us manicures for tomorrow. So no more moping around," Regina says from the doorway.

"I don't mope," I grumble.