Questions For A Criminal

Emma's Pov
"Hey dad," I call, as Killian and I enter the police station.

"Hey sweetheart," David says, embracing me in a hug.

"Hello mate," Killian greets my dad.

"So I was hoping to get some information on that thief who attacked you the other day. Because no one threatens my daughter and gets away with it."

"Dad," I complain, "I can take care of myself."

I walk over to grab some files from my desk.

"I know, Emma, but still I am going to catch this criminal." David says.

"I? You mean we?" I ask.

"Emma you can't go back to work. You're pregnant!" Killian exclaims.

"He's right Em. I will start your maternity leave today. I can handle the station."

"Last time I checked I am still the Sheriff. I am going to help you catch this guy," I hand a stack of papers to Killian.

"Emma. It's not safe," Killian slams the sack of papers on the desk.

"So. It's my job to protect the town," I say.

"Emma, you might want to listen to Killian," David grabs my arm.

"You can't even use your magic, love," Killian eyebrows furrow.

"Maybe, but I still have a gun," I say, looking at Killian.

David looks between Killian and I torn on whose side to take now, letting go of my arm.

"Well then I will have to report to Regina that the Sheriff station isn't giving appropriate maternity leave and she'll force you to start the maternity leave," Killian says, angrily.

"Technically maternity leave is only up to twelve weeks in the town charter. I looked it up as soon as I became pregnant. So I will be returning to my position as Sheriff as of today. And neither of you will argue with me about it," I command.

"But Emma..." Killian pleads.

"I don't think it would be wise to argue with her, mate," David interrupts.

"Aye. We are discussing this later then, love. You're not going to get away that easily," I hand Killian another one of the thick books of records.

"Now how about let's find our thief," I pull out the rest of the records of Storybrooke's residents.

Killian starts looking through the books since he was the only one who got a clear look at the thief. He flips the pages angrily, knowing I am right, but he still doesn't want me near any danger. I walk into my office with David.

"Killian's not going to like this, you coming back to work. It might take some more persuading," David says as soon as the door closes.

"I know, but I can't just stop protecting this town, when what we are defending is after my child. I can't just hide. I have to stop whatever it is."

"I know. That's why I agree with you. You are probably one of the only people who can find and beat whatever this thing is."

"Yep. And if Killian doesn't like it, he will just have to come along with us."

"So how do you think we will find this criminal?"

"Well when I was the dark one, I didn't rely just on magic to keep people away from me. I kept a camera with a view of the basement door, in case someone dared to get close to it. And the thief could have been just close enough to have gotten on the camera."

I type onto the keyboard and a tab comes up. I click on the October 7th link. A video pops up and I scroll throught th video till around 5pm. I sit down in a chair waiting for the man to pop on the screen. David stands behind me, an arm on the back of my chair.

A person in a black hoodie walks in from the back hallway.

"He must have used the back door to get in," I continue to watch the film.

He walks around and disappears from the camera.

"He was probably trying to look for the locator spell. That's what he was after."

He walks back to the stairs and for a second we get a clear picture of his face. I rewind the video and pause it. He has a strong jawline and long black hair. I have never seen him before.

"Emma," Killian walks in from the other room, "I found him."

"Yes. So did we. Let me see that," Killian hands me the book.

"This isn't from either the first or second curse," I look at the binding of the book, different than the others records.

"Aye. It's the record from the people of the Land of Untold Stories. The one Henry made. His name is Clint Eyler," he points to the name on the page.

"Does it have anything else in there about him?" I ask him.

"No, just a photograph and a name, nothing else," Killian replies.

"So another dead end," my dad sighs.

"Not quite. Killian and I met a girl the other day from the Land of Stories. Her name is Lucy. Maybe she knows something about this man and can help us find him."

"You and Killian go talk to her. I am going to go ask Henry. If his name is on the list, it must mean Henry has something in his book about him. I am going to go ask him," David stands up to leave.

"Don't worry about that, mate. Henry is staying at our house for the week. We can ask him when we get home. You should go home to your wife?"

"I agree with Killian. Mary Maragaret said that Neal haas started teething again. I am sure it would help if you were there," I say.

"You're right, but if you guys need anything just call me," David grabs his jacket.

"We will. Don't worry," I close the record book in my lap.

David kisses the top of my head, "Love you Em."

"Love you too Dad."

David walks out of the station.

"So are we going to talk about this whole going back to work thing?" Killian asks.

"I thought that I already made it very clear that I am going to work."

"We'll see about that."

Thought? Theories? Who do you guys think Clint Eyler is in the fairytale world? Any guesses?

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and much love to you all!! Thanks so much!

-pinacolada07