What True Love Is

Killian's Pov
"You seem distracted," David says and closes the door to the office behind him.

We are at the sheriff's station. Emma and Mary Margaret are in the other room talking baby details, while David and I are finishing up some paperwork. I hardly let Emma do anything for the past two days. I went back into work today, but I made Emma come so I could make sure she was okay and that she was not doing anything that might cause her more pain. We told Mary Margaret and David that we were just worried about Emma and her pregnancy so she was taking it easy. Snow volunteered to keep Emma company while we worked.

I sigh at David's comment.

"Emma had some pain two days ago. We both thought she might have a miscarriage. She is fine now, but..."

"But you're still worried," he finishes my sentence and pats me on the back.

"Aye. I have hardly let her do anything, much less be out of my sight. But she's strong willed and stubborn, so I don't know how much longer she'll let me babysit her like this," David scoffs at the Charming's genetic stubbornness, a trait Snow had as well.

I slump against the desk, still looking at my wife. She glances back at me and blows me a kiss. I smiles softly, but it soon fades.

"I just... we are both on edge, Emma and I. We are both scared, but I am scared to Hell and back. I can't lose them, either of them. I never realized how much I wanted this, with Emma, until now."

"That's the hard part of true love," David says, "You love them so much that you can't get them out of your head. You're always worrying about their safety and it's the same with a father's love," he slings his arm around my shoulder, slumping against the desk as well, "You know when we first found out we were pregnant, I was excited, but then I realized I was terrified. The evil queen was after us and I was so scared of losing one of them as well. I hardly let Snow out of the palace, but you know her, and of course she convinced me that it was okay for her to go on another daring adventure to save her people and kingdom. And the same with Emma. Even now I try to protect her when she can easily do it herself. She's all grown up. Then I realized we can't be living in fear of losing the people we love. We just got to wake up each day and love them to the fullest because you never know when you might lose them. I know it's hard to let them go in that way, but when you truly love someone you know they will never leave you."

"Thanks, Dave. I needed that."

He gives me a hug and pats me on the back.

"Anytime."

Emma opens the office door.

"I don't think this is what working looks like," she giggles, "Come on. Let's go get lunch, baby's hungry."

I chuckle and look at Dave, "We better go before she gets hangry."

"Hangry," Emma says defensively.

I walk out of the office and put my arm around her waist. Snow and David behind us.

"You know it's your fault I'm pregnant."

"That I have been told, but it takes two to make a baby, darling."

"I did not need to know that," David makes a disgusted face.

"Now what does our little pirate want?" I ask, rubbing my hands along her stomach.

"Definetly Granny's."

"Let me guess, grilled cheese and onion rings?" I ask.

"You know me so well," she says planting a soft kiss on my lips.

"Grilled cheese and onion rings it is," I say, leaning down to kiss her stomach. David and Snow gazing at us with admiration.

Of course I couldn't help but put some more fluff in before the crazy happens. You're welcome.

-pinacolada07