Every Moment Counts

Killian's Pov

We had been in the library for hours. We found nothing in Henry's book or the library. It was almost midnight and everyone was exhausted and frustrated with the results. Belle had left to go take care of Gideon and after much resisting, Emma got Henry to go home. He, afterall, still had school tomorrow. Regina left to go see if Zelena found something in her vault. So now it was just me and Emma left.

"Nothing," Emma slams the book she was reading down on the table.

"Hey," I grab her hand from across the table, "We will find something."

"Will we?"

"Aye."

"Are you sure because we have found nothing?"

"Yet. Nothing yet."

"I just need to know how to protect our child. I need them safe," she falls back into her chair.

"I know," I try to soothe her, "And you will, but this is not the way."

"What's not the way?" she says defensively, folding her arms.

I take her hand and walk over to her side of the table, sitting on the table in front of her, moving piles of books to make room.

"Emma. We're both tired. You're going to wear yourself out. And that's not going to help our child."

"It won't help if I keep finding dead ends."

"Emma," I sigh, "Let's go home love. We can return to this tomorrow, but right now you need to take care of our child. You need sleep."

"Fine," she sighs, knowing I'm right.

"Now come on," I kiss her on the cheek and hold her hand as we walk out of the library.

We drive home and walk into the house.

Emma checks on Henry, as I change into pajamas in our bedroom. Emma walks in moments later. She throws her leather jacket on a chair and changes into pajamas of her own. I am only in sweatpants, leaving my chest bare. I walk over to Emma, taking out her hair, as she brushes her teeth. I wrap my arms around her. She places her hands on my arms and leans into my touch.

She grabs my hand, placing a single kiss on my wrist. She then turns around to face me, placing her delicate fingers on my chest. I lean in for a kiss. Our lips connect, Emma leaning back against the counter.

"Don't you ever leave me," I whisper into the kiss.

"Never," she whispers back.

Short, but hopefully sweet chapter. Thoughts?

Love you all.

-pinacolada07