Don't Be Embarassed

Emma's Pov

I am currently giving Henry the pre date pep talk. Just be yourself and call if you need anything kind of deal. I give him a big hug and a kiss on the head before finally letting go. Even though he had been dating Violet for a while and I know she is a good kid, I still miss the times where I was constantly with Henry. It is hard as a parent to let go of a child.

"Okay, you guys are going to a movie and dinner right?"

"Be home by 10 at the latest," I say sternly.

"Give him a break Emma. He'll be home by eleven. He is almost sixteen," Killian yells from the upstairs while passing the staircase.

"Fine. Eleven. Whatever your father say. I mean stepfather, sorry," I apologize profusely to him. I didn't want to push the Killian and father situation on to Henry. I want Henry to make that decision.

"It's fine Mom. He is my father now, stepfather or not. I may not call him dad yet, but he has been more of a father than Dad was. I loved Dad, but I am trying to move on now that he is gone. It's okay for you to call him my dad."

Tears start to swell up in my eyes and I cover my mouth.

"Henry, your such a good kid. I hope you know that. I am so lucky to be your mother. I just wished you had more time with your father. You didn't deserve to go through any of that."

Henry wraps his arms around me.

"Gosh. Too many hormones. It is going to be a rough couple of months."

"It's okay mom. Killian and I will be by your side though it all."

And that just makes me cry harder.

"Emma, love, I am off to take Henry to his date with Violet," he says as he come running down the stairs.

Since David has taught Killian how to drive really well in the past few months , I allow him to drive Henry to his date. He loves to spend even to little amounts of time with Henry, just like me. He seems to really like Violet too. I think he ships them a little too much.

"Okay, but Mr. must be home by 6, no stopping by the station to chat with David okay."

"Why? Is there someone in need of my company, other than David?" he says as he wraps his arms loosely around my waist and stares deeply into my eyes.

"I am always in need of your company," I tease, "but we have dinner with my family at 6:30 tonight."

"Okay I will be home by 6," he kisses my forehead.

"Love you, Mom," Henry shouts as he walks out of the door.

"Love you, Em," Killian follows.

After they left, I go upstairs to get ready for diner. I turn on my playlist, in need of some good music. I want to look nice for dinner. I put on a black dress with a black and blue halter keyhole top and a black skirt. And to finish off my outfit, a brown thin belt.

 And to finish off my outfit, a brown thin belt