A Mother's Sacrifice

Emma's Pov

"Good Morning Sleepyhead," Killian says as I walk down the stairs

"What time is it?" I ask, yawning.

"Almost three o'clock."

"What? Killian," I whine.

"But you needed it, love. So no complaining," he pulls me into his embrace, "How are you feeling?"

"Better."

"Good," he places a kiss on the top of my head.

"And how's my little love?" he kneels down in front of me.

"They're feeling a lot better now that you made their stubborn mother actually get some sleep."

"She is quite stubborn isn't she, little love," he rubs his thumb in circles along my stomach.

I hit him over the head.

"Don't push it," I say and walk over to the fridge to get some hot chocolate going.

"I wouldn't dream of it."

My phone starts to ring. I pick up, not caring to glance at who it is.

"Hello?" I answer the phone.

"Hey Emma, it's Regina."

"Hey Regina."

"You need to get to my vault straightaway. I found something about your baby."

"You did?"

"Yes."

"Okay. We are on our way right now."

I end the call, turning off the stove and putting everything back in the fridge. I guess hot chocolate will have to wait for later.

"Now what is it?" Killian sighs.

"Regina found something. We need to get to her vault."

"Alright, love," I throw his jacket at him and we walk out of the door.

I drive to the graveyard as quickly as I can. Once we arrive, I practically dash through the doors of Regina's vault, Killian trailing behind.

"Emma," Regina stands over a pile of books, in the main area of her vault.

"What did you find?" I walk over to the stack of books.

"Oh. It's not in those."

"Wait what?" I ask, "Then how did you find something?"

"It was Henry."

As if on cue, Henry walks in.

Killian ruffles his hair, "Hello lad."

"Hey. Hi mom," he walks up to give me a hug.

"Hey, kid."

Killian walks up behind me, grabs my hand, and intertwines our fingers.

"I don't know why we didn't see it earlier," Regina states.

Henry sets his book on the table opening to the page of me as a baby, in the wardrobe.

"Emma. You are the product of true love and that's where your powers came from. And you and Killian share true love as well, so your child inherited both generations of true love," Regina explains.

"Basically it's true love squared," Henry adds.

"What does that have to do with anything?" I ask, confused.

"Emma your magic came from that true love which means your child has magic too. And their magic is more powerful than anything out there because of the doubled true love. And since both of your magic come from the same place it kinda clashes." Regina tries to explain simply.