Just Us Two

Killian's Pov

"Here you go m'lady," I say as I pull out her chair for her to sit in.

"Thank you Killian."

"Of course, love."

"It's beautiful out here."

"It truly is."

We sit at a restaurant with a view of the ocean as the sun settles. It is as romantic as anything could get.

I take Emma's hands in mine.

"These past couple days have been some of the best days of my life, besides the day I married you," she giggles.

I rub her knuckles.

"We came here not only for our honeymoon," I continue, "But as a reliever to your stress. Emma, now I want you to be honest with me, how has it been, the nightmares? The stress? All of it?"

"Better."

"Truly?"

"Yes Killian. I would never lie to you. Besides, I think you would be able to tell if I wasn't."

I raises an eyebrow.

"Killian? What is it?"

"You're right. I know you better that you like to tell and that is why I think you're telling the truth, but there is more to the story. Am I right?"

"It's complicated. I don't even know what it is."

I caress her cheek, moving a piece of hair behind her ear.

"Then tell me what you do know. Let me help you, okay. And not just when you have all the information, let me help you from the beginning. That's what I'm here for. I am a husband who supports his wife eternally. Okay?"

"Okay. Well remember when I told you about how the nightmares, they don't feel exactly like a nightmare? I told you that they feel like they are trying to make me feel weak, so that in the future I will be so worried that these feelings and pain will come back that I will be defenseless against my enemies."

"Of course. I remember that."

"Well it also felt like they were being forced out of my subconscious. Each of the memories being replayed have been a memory that I have tried to block out of my life. The memories are just moments in my life where I have felt so much pain, that the pain was unbearable for a long time. And so after the first few times I tried resisting them, the memories from coming back. I was trying to fight them off.

"But something just fought back harder. The memory would reoccur and then I couldn't escape until it was over. I fought them, but it like I was trapped in a dark room with wall around me and nothing I did could get me out. There was no door. No light. No escape."

Her breath is quickening and her hands start to shake. I grab them in mine and slowly soothe the muscles, all while listening intently on every word she says. It seems to calm her slightly.

"It felt like magic. Dark magic Killian."

"Magic?" I ask confused.

"Magic that put these memories in my head. Every time the nightmares occur the magic felt the same and it felt like a someone, not a something, who put these vision in my head. And now that we're here, far away from Storybrooke, there gone. Sometimes, now, I have mild nightmares, but they are nothing like the ones before. I don't feel that magic around me anymore, and it doesn't feel like someone is forcing them into my head anymore."

I stay silent for a while. It is a lot to process, but I am afraid it's almost all too possible with my wife living in Storybrooke and her being the savior.

"So you're saying you think it is someone with dark magic is forcing these visions into your head?"

She nods.

"I've gone mad haven't I?"

"Possibly," I reply matter of factly.

She smacks me on my arm.

"You are supposed to make me feel better about this, you know?"

"Well I'll let you in on a little secret. All the best people are mad. So if you my darling are mad, so be it. Because I think every human on this planet is."

"You idiot."

I chuckle, she laughs along.

After our laughter subsides, I shift closer towards her and hold her hand with my fake hand and my real hand holds my the side of her face firmly, so she would look me in the eye.

"Emma Swan, no matter what this is you are going though, I promise I am going to go through it right by your side. And don't you think I'm leaving it. I love you and nothing, I mean nothing will come between this pirate and his princess."

I smirk. She smiles and giggles.

"I love you Killian Jones."

"And I love you Emma Jones."

We then share an all too tender kiss.

Okay so this "Dinner Scene" was just supposed to be one chapter long, but I think it might be three. So there will be one more.

Will you all hate me if I stuck to this scene for one more chapter? Sorry my mind went in a totally different direction on this one.

Thanks!

-pinacolada07