Coming Home

Killian's Pov

I open the door to our house and walk in.

Emma must have heard the door open, because she walks out of the kitchen, an apron tied around her very pregnant stomach. She must have been cooking dinner, which is unusual because we usually just pick up Granny's, plus she's always tired being this far along, but I guess she felt different today. The sweet aroma fills the house.

"Something smells delicious," I drop my keys on the counter.

"I just felt like doing something special for you, since you have put up with me through this entire journey," she says wrapping her arms around my neck, hardly reaching it with her stomach between us.

"Thanks, love, but this was not necessary," I place my hands gently on her waist.

"I think it was very necessary. Especially since I think you are most devilishly handsome wearing that badge " she hungrily brings me down for a passionate kiss.

"Someone's very impatient," I whisper into the kiss.

"Oh, very," she whispers.

"I think I might need to arrest you on account of being quite persuasive, Mrs. Jones," I play along with her game.

"I look forward to it, Officer Jones," she pulls away, "But we have a sixteen year old coming home from his girlfriends' anytime now for dinner, so you better behave. We can finish this later," she lays one more kiss on my lips.

She walks into the kitchen to finish preparing the meal, and I follow.

"You're good to take Henry to Regina's after dinner right?" she asks.

"Aye."

"I'm going to miss having him around the house, but I'm glad Regina can take care of him, with the due date getting closer," she starts chopping up the vegetables, to throw into a pot.

"I know love, me too," I wrap my arms around her, placing my hands on her stomach, "But only a week or two and this little princess will join our little family."

"I can't wait."

She goes back to cooking.

I start to wash the dishes.

Emma suddenly gasps, breathing heavily, leaning over, and grabbing her stomach.

"Emma?" I ask.

"I'm good," she sighs a couple of moment later, "Just another Braxton Hick"

She has been getting these contractions that are just prepping her body for birth. They always get me so nervous, but she always plays it off like she's fine, which I know she's not. I know the closer we get the more worried she gets.

"I'm good," she stands straight continuing her work around the kitchen. I sigh in relief.

The door opens and Henry walks into the kitchen, "Hey mom. Hey dad."

"Hey kid," Emma says.

"Hello lad. How was Miss Violet today?"

"Good," he blushes.

"I'm glad," I add.

"Henry, can you set the table for dinner?. I am going to start dishing up plates," Emma says finishing up the pasta.

"Of course," Henry says.

"I'll help you lad," I walk over to help him grab the utensils, careful of my hook on the china.

- - - - - - - - - -

"I forgot to ask, how was work? Did you catch whoever broke in? What happened?" Emma says, twirling pasta around her fork.