We're Going To Be Okay

Killian's Pov
I take Emma's hand to my lips, holding it there. The nurses have let us in to see Emma. She looks so fragile, but she is stronger than any of the Gods in these moments laying on that hospital bed.

She is alive. I smile at her. She is sticky with dried sweat and her face, a loss of color. But she is just as beautiful as the first time I met her. She has never been so beautiful.

The nurses said she wouldn't wake up for a while. She is still recovering. Depending on how fast her strength came back, it would be no more than a couple days before she would wake. I would sit there until she did, not leaving her side. Not for a moment.

I would be there to console her when she awoke. I would be there for her for the rest of my life.

It is almost 2 o'clock in the morning. David and Snow left a few hours ago asking me to get some sleep, but I don't want to miss it when she wakes up.

I want to be there and tell her no matter what happened everything would be alright. I am almost dozing off, when her hand twitches underneath mine. The smallest morsel of hope delivered into my heart.

"Killian," she whispers, faintly.

"Hey, Swan," I quietly speak back, a smile overflowing my features.

She tries to sit up, but I see her mind swimming as she did so. Even though the pain stopped, the soreness would stay for a few days.

"Woah, let's take things easy. Shall we?," I say as I grab her shoulders and lower back and help her lie back down.

"Everything hurts."

"I know, love. The doctors said that you would be sore for a little while. Just take it easy for me, okay. I love you, Emma," I say leaning down to kiss her flushed forehead.

"I love you too," she say, pulling me down to her lips.

We pull apart, looking at each other with a love like no other.

Her eyes suddenly flash with worry.

"Killian," she speaks fearfully, tears slowly making their way into her eyes, "Did... did we both make it?"

"Emma?"

I swallow.

I look at her...

moving hair out of her face, lovingly.

I take a deep breath...

before I nod.

She gasps, holding back tears.

"Aye. The little one is okay. You both made it."

She cries tears of joy.

"Our child seems to take on your stubbornness and I couldn't be more grateful for it," I reply.

She giggles at my comment, but I see the small pain in her eyes at the movement.

"You are both my little fighters," I say leaning down to hold her, wiping away her tears, planting a kiss on her cheek.

"I guess we are all survivors," she says, her eyes glimmering with a new hope.

"Aye. That we are," I say catching her lips on mine. Our kiss was gentle, but full of love and hope for the future. We are all okay. Everyone in our little family. And I am never going to let one of them go again.

Hooray!! Everything is good now... 🙄😶🤐

Thanks for being amazing readers! You are all so amazing!!! I love your comments so keep them coming.

-pinacolada07