Love And Panic

Emma's Pov

"What makes you think it will be a pirate?"

"It has my genes, what else will it be?"

"A prince or a princess? I am technically royalty."

Killian chuckles and pulls me closer to him. I lay my head on his chest. Killian takes my hand into his and our fingers intertwine.

"Plus pirate is a generic name," he says continuing our conversation, as he helps me stand up. We walk over to the parking lot, where we get into the car.

"Why does that matter?" I say pulling out of the parking lot.

"Because we don't know if it is a lad or a lass yet. Besides you will always be my princess."

I sigh at his comment, failing at trying to combat his playful banter. I am grinning ear to ear.

"Why can't I be your pirate?" I flirt.

"First of all, I do agree that you do have some pirate in you, Swan. Second, I bested you in a sword fight. Third, I think you are too beautiful to become a ravaging and pillaging pirate."

I try to submerge my smile.

"About that sword fight, I think I was the one who escaped through the portal. Second, I pretended to lose and fall so that I could retrieve the compass to get back home, not that it stopped you from coming to Storybrooke."

"Oh come one, love. You know you love me and your life wouldn't be complete without me. Even if it wasn't love at first sight."

"Do I?" I smirk.

"Well I know for a fact that you do."

"Your right. I do love my pirate."

"And I love my princess."

I playfully punched him in the shoulder. I direct my attention back to the road.

Every now and then I glance at Killian to see him still staring at me.

"What?" I finally question him.

"Your smile is just so beautiful. You are just so beautiful from your perfect blonde curls to your forest green eyes."

"I thought you weren't much of a flatterer?"

"Only for you, my princess."

I send a glare his way, but my smile creeps up onto my face seconds later.

"Oh, I got one," I say excitedly.

"One what?" Killian says confused.

"A nickname for the baby. Little love."

"Little love?"

"You always call me love, and the baby is your little love."

He chuckles.

"What," I say, "It is a generic name, isn't it?"

"I like that. It's different."

"Well we are not a normal couple. A pirate and a princess is not an ordinary pair."

"I suppose that is so, love."

I laugh and he squeezes my hand.

"How did you know that I was at the docks?"

"Lucky guess."

I shot him a questioning look as if to say "really".

"Ok I admit it. Henry told me where you would be. He thought that you and me should talk and make up."

"He is so dead when we get home."

"Hey, think about it this way, if he didn't' tell me, we would still be mad at each other."

"True and I did really want to talk to you, I just was so caught up in everything that has been going on lately that sometimes I forgot that I can let my walls down around you."

"I know you well enough that you didn't really mean what you said."

He lifts our connected hands to his lips, planting a kiss on my hand.

I try to keep my eyes on the road, but my eyes keep sneaking glances at Killian.

"Emma!" Killian shouts.

There was a car rushing towards us. I have just enough time to turn the steering wheel, and nearly swerve out of the way.

I pull over onto the side of the road. The only thing you can hear is me and Killian breathing heavily. Finally Killian has the nerve to speak.

"What were you thinking Emma," Killian says angrily.

I can tell that Killian immediately regrets getting mad at me. Tears are burning in my eyes, but I force them to not run down my cheeks.

"Emma, I didn't...."

"I was distracted," I say as I felt the mood tense up.

"By what," Killian asks.

"You," I admit.

"Ok, Emma I know you think I am charming, but try not to get yourself killed whilst admiring me," he said obviously trying to lighten up the mood.

I ignore his remark.

"I am just happy that you are alright, the both of you," he said as he caresses my cheek.

I turn my head to look out the window avoiding his stare. His eyes burn into to the back of my skull. The tears in my eyes refuse to stay in my eyes any longer. I do everything I can to stop them from running down my face. But finding the task useless. Eventually I let the tears fall.

"Emma," Killian says softly.

I still avoid his gaze and stay silent.

"Emma it's okay. We all make mistakes. I made a mistake in yelling at you. Everyone is okay and stress is not good for the baby," he places a firm hand on top of mine, "Emma, love, please talk to me."

I turn to look at him with tears still running down my cheeks.

"Killian I could have hurt you and the baby. I was so... so stupid and selfish."

"No. No you weren't," Killian says as he unbuckles his seatbelt and cradles me into his chest.

"It's okay," he says calmly over and over again.

I finally look up and meet his gaze.

He takes my hands in his.

"Hey, look everyone is okay. That's the most important thing. I love you."

He leans in, giving me a quick peck on the lips.

I am just lucky that nobody got hurt and that Killian did not get too mad at me. Gosh I love him so much.

Killian sit back into his seat and  puts his seatbelt back on.

"I love you too," I say as I continue to drive.

Sorry I think we needed a little bit a angst.

Do you think that the almost accident was truly an accident or do you think it was on purpose?

-pinacolada07