Arrival

Killian's Pov

"We ask all passengers to please fasten their seatbelts and prepare for landing. It is 2:34 pm here at the Kalaeloa Airport here in Oahu, Hawaii. Thank you again for flying with Frontier Airlines. As the crew of Frontier, we wish you safe travels and a great rest of your day. We hope to see you soon. Enjoy your time here in Oahu."

I wake up groggily to the voice of the flight attendant over the intercom. I had fallen asleep against the window with Emma laying on my chest. Her hair has fallen over her face, which I brush away, and her hand rested on my chest. Her mouth had fallen open and tiny snores escape her mouth. I fail to suppress my chuckle. Gladly she didn't wake. I am not quite done admiring my beautiful wife.

After the first 5 hours of  being on a plane, which included:

*Binge watching the Pirates of the Caribbean series, much to my disagreement. I think I may have annoyed Emma by all the incorrect things I pointed out about their pirating skills.

*And probably way too much PDA

Emma and I finally fell asleep, late in the flight. I hate to wake her up after only a few hours of sleep and a full day ahead of her, but I think the energy of the vacation gave us both a bit of an edge against the exhaustion.

I can't stop smiling. She is beautiful from her eyes to her laugh. She is funny, strong, caring, independent, stubborn, sassy, sexy, smart, hard working, loving, and the list could go on.

Before I wake her I touch my lips to my hand and placed my palm on her stomach and whisper under my breath, "You ready for our first vacation together little love?"

Even though my child isn't even here yet, I already love them more than anyone, besides Emma. I love them just as much as I love Emma and Henry and David and all my family dead or alive. Most people think that love is something that is split into pieces as you share it, but love only grows.

It is an ever flowing fountain that all you have to do to give it away is dive right in. With our child my love has grown. Opening my heart to Emma made the waterfall change from a trickle to a rush. Accepting Henry as my child added a clarity to the water and therefore to my life. My family no matter how big or small will be my greatest happiness and my greatest gift.

As a pirate I thought none of this was possible. I thought it wasn't in the cards for me, but look at my life now. It is as close to perfect as it could get and I can only hope it will stay that way.

I take Emma's hand and kiss each knuckle. She shifts and buries her face deeper into my shirt mumbling, "You just had to go and wake me, when you're all to comfortable right now."

"You always think me being your pillow is way more comfortable than an actual pillow."

"Well you know in like five months I won't be comfortable even with you as my pillow, so I am soaking in the moments before I feel like an elephant."

"An elephant, huh?"

"Yes, you try carrying your child. We all know whether girl or boy your child is going to be feisty, even in the womb, much to the disappointment of their mother."

"My child? You're saying you added nothing to the fire of this child?"

"Let's just hope it doesn't have your temper."

"Let's just hope it doesn't have your stubbornness."

She scoffs.

"I told you earlier I am not that stubborn."

"And I'm not Captain Hook."

She scoffs at me again still deep in my shirt, but I saw the corner of her lips turn up into a smile. I knew the scoff was only to hide a laugh.

"As long as they have your smile because it is the most beautiful thing in the world," I smile caressing her cheek, my thumb barely touching the corners of her lips.

She sighs, "You idiot. Stop making me blush."

"Oh really, well what if I don't. What is the punishment?"

"I will have to think about that, but I wouldn't argue with a pregnant woman."

"Good point, love.'

"I hope they have your eyes."

"I am sure our baby will be perfect and beautiful in their own amazing, unique way," I say shifting to sit upright. Emma groans in protest.

"I am taking a nap as soon as we get to the hotel," she says while adjusting in my arms.

"With me I hope?"

"Of course. I couldn't sleep without my favorite teddy bear."

"Am I supposed to find that romantic?" I tease.

We both laugh as Emma falls right back into my arms. Once I sit up, I take a look through the window.

We both look out the window to find our plane descending into an oasis of so much green. The ocean was the color of the bluest blue you have ever seen. The island seemed too green to be real. It feels like it was right out of a book or a cartoon. You could see the beaches and the waves rush up onto the sand.

You could almost smell the salty sea and feel the ocean waves brush up against your ankles only to wash back down. I have never felt more at home with Emma by my side, my child growing in the belly of the woman I love, and this beautiful place in front of me waiting for my adventure there to begin with my true love, a person that I thought never existed for me, but oh how I was wrong.

I don't know where I would be without Emma, probably drunk with a much regretted one night stand to deal with. I wouldn't have children, a wife, or even a family at all, but I don't have to worry about that. I shouldn't be worrying about that, because my life is nothing like it was before and it never will be. At least for now. Emma is my anchor. And a ship without an anchor is only a lost soul.

They have arrived in Hawaii!!! Let's get this honeymoon started!!

-pinacolada07