A Quiet Moment

Here is Emma's dress I just don't want to interrupt the intense moment with a picture, so here you go.

Killian's Pov
The Next Day

"What do you think?"

I turn around. Emma walks down the stairs of our condo in a black halter neck lace dress. It only reaches mid-thigh and hugs her body perfectly. My mouth drops. She looked stunning, and not just because she was my wife.

"Wow... umm... you look."

I swallow a lump in my throat.

How did I ever have a chance to get Emma? I had no idea what to say to her to make her feel special, but my heart was overflowing with love for this woman before me. The woman who unexpectedly broke my hard-heart and saved me from darkness multiple times.

"I know," she says...

She said those words and it wasn't because it was a thing we had said to each other before and it wasn't supposed to be nostalgic, it was because it was like she could read my mind. She knew me better than anyone. It's just how it is. It was from the very start.

She knew my true smile from my fake, she laughs at my jokes not because they are funny, she knows when something is wrong even when I try my hardest not to show it because I know she worries.

I know her just as well as she knows me. I just know, there is no explaining it. I just know, and so does she.

I know she's still recovering from the pain her past has caused her, I know she is scared when she thinks she is supposed to be strong, I know her tears aren't from weakness, her tears are from being strong for too long.

She has taught me that it is okay to cry because vulnerability is the nobelist emotion a person can give into. It makes us human. It makes us beautiful, mistaken, broken, masterpieces.

We are all just like artwork. None are the same. None are perfect, but others let their light shine brighter than others. That's all we have to do. Let go of our grief, sorrows, and burdens and let them shine to the world around us.

I love Emma more than anything. And it isn't just lust that our relationship is based on. It was dedication.

Emma hugs me.

It is the simplest act of devotion.

I cradle her head in my hand as she buries her head into my neck.

My body relaxes against her touch, like an awaited deep breath of fresh air.

I collapse even more in her arms.

I wrap my arms around her, letting myself soak in these moments.

"I don't know what... what I would... do without you," I whisper softly into her hair.

"Then don't find out," she breathes into my chest.

"I'm mean it Em," I look her right in her eyes, sternly.

She knows when I do this, it is more important than anything I could ever say.

"Don't you dare leave me," I get slightly choked up.

I hold her face in my hand.

I never get this emotional, especially when it came out of nowhere.

"You're..."

A tear trickles down my cheek.

She wipes it away with her thumb.

She hold my hand, while I hold her cheek.

She as well was trying not to get too emotional.

"Emma you're my home."

I wait a few moments as I got control of the sobs ricocheting through my chest.

"If you ever leave... I'll just miss it. Miss you. You're my family."

Emma once told me that Neal once told her that home is that place that when you leave you just miss it.

I can tell from the small moments we stay apart that if she was gone for forever, I would just miss it. More than anything else.

It would leave an empty hole in my heart, because she is my heart and soul.

When she told me this, she also told me that she was going to keep running until she felt that and then she ran right into me.

I had never been so happy to have a knife at my throat and a gun at my head.

She is my dream. I am hers.

I kneel down in front of Emma.

"I would miss all of you. Together with you, our child, Henry... that..."

I hold her waist.

"This is home. This is my family."

I take a deep breath.

"This is where I belong. Where I have always belonged."

Emma sits down beside me and engulfs me in another tender hug. She kisses the top of my head while it rests underneath her chin.

"You will always belong right here with me. You are my family. Together this is home."

Okay, well this chapter went different than planned. One moment it was supposed to be a romantic dinner date. Next it became a emotional moment where Hook bears his souls to Emma. Well... your welcome? Maybe?

This is what happens when you read to many depressing books. I would not recommend it, but then again? Books are life.

You are all so amazing!!!!! Thanks so much!

(Also I love your comments, you guys are the best!)

-pinacolada07