On the TV

Niall: They were on Saturday Night Live for the third time and you were sitting at home, watching the show at six o’clock on a Sunday morning. He’d excitedly texted you half an hour before as your wake up call, telling you that the show was starting soon and he knew that it was early, but he wanted you to see the skit that they were going to be a part of. You’d dragged yourself out of bed and over to the computer, pulling up a live stream of it that the fans had found. They were great of course, even though you were yawning throughout the whole thing. Their musical performances were fantastic, the skit was even better, and at the very end he texted you while they were still on camera. “Do you see me?” “I see you, Ni. You were great I love you and I’m going back to sleep.” You watched the last camera shot of him waving at the camera and blowing a kiss.

Zayn: For some reason, the management team had booked them another spot guest starring on some American kids show, but this time it was on Disney Channel. The entire experience had been painful and he and Lou had sort of just sat in the background, letting the other three do most of the acting bits. “Do we have to watch it, Y/N?” He groaned as you pulled up the episode of Jessie on your laptop. “I only have one short line that you barely even hear. Please, don’t make me watch it.” But you did force him to watch it. The episode wasn’t a bad one if you didn’t mind the childishness of it all, but “You boys aren’t the best actors are you?” You turned to look at Zayn who was busy paying attention to his phone. “At least you look pretty standing there in the background, Zayn.” He smiled at you and closed the laptop without looking away from you. “Let’s be done with that.”

Liam: As he’s made quite obvious over the last few years, Liam Payne always has a girlfriend. He’s just one of those guys that feels the constant need to have that other person that he can call his own. So after his split with Sophia and few brief flings, he decided to seek the help of a new TV show. Every week a different celebrity was chosen as the mystery celebrity and based off of their answers on a questionnaire, five love interests would be chosen to stand on the other side of the barrier. You were lucky enough to be one-fifth of the chosen group from hundreds of people that were in the database of applicants. The catch of the show was that you didn’t know who the celebrity was and they didn’t know who any of you were. His voice was distorted when he asked you questions and each round another girl was knocked out of the running for a date with him. A half an hour and a few strange situational questions later, it was revealed to you that you’d won a date with Liam Payne. Later, after a few dates, you both laughed about how strange that show actually was, but it had brought you together and that was the only good that had come from it.

Louis: You’d known nothing of it until suddenly your Twitter was being barraged by directioners, outraged and curious and gleeful. They were talking about an interview or another documentary or something that they weren’t quite specific about, but they hinted at enough for you to understand that Louis and the boys had been on the television for something and your name had been brought up. That wasn’t completely uncommon. A few weeks before Niall had mentioned your name when he said that Louis talked about you all the time, but he’d never made a romantic move towards you. That radio interview you’d caught, but this one you’d had no clue about. Eventually, a smart fan linked you to the YouTube video version of this interview on a foreign news channel. “So, Louis,” the interviewer was a mid-thirties black man with a sparkling smile that lit up the screen. “Rumor has it that you were spotted out on a date a few days ago with, um, Y/N?” You watched silently as Louis sucked his bottom lip into his mouth and then pushed it back out with a nod of his head. “Yeah, it was a date. Y/N and I’ve been friends for a while, and I finally asked her out on a date.” The camera turned back to the interviewer. “You’re officially together?” Louis cleared his throat, “Sort of. We haven’t actually discussed it, but yeah, I’d like to think that we are.” The smile in his eyes and on his lips after he said that made your heart skip a beat.

Harry: The red carpet events were something that you never missed. You loved to see all of the dresses and the hairstyles and all of that normal stuff, but on this particular occasion, you were tuned in for the purpose of glimpsing Harry. He was in LA for a few weeks while they were on break and because the Grammy’s fell in that time, he was attending. Also, the band was nominated for an award, but Louis had a football match, Niall was busy with a charity thing, Zayn was on a vacation with Perrie since they had time off together, and Liam was ill so you were over at his place watching the events unfold together. So that left Harry alone to go to the award show. When he finally appeared on camera towards the end of the Red Carpet and nearing the beginning of the ceremony and he was hurried past all the cameras and into the building. Next you made sure to watch the actual show, cheering when people you wanted to win won, and booing when they didn’t. Finally their category came up and it was no surprise when they won. You and Liam both watched as Harry made his way to the stage to accept the award,  both of you hoping that he didn’t trip or say something weird once he arrived up there. Luckily he did the normal bit of thanking everyone for the award, apologizing for the other four not being there, and thanking the fans massively as is tradition. “You looked good up there ;)” You texted him as soon as you could calm down.