four

some chapters will involve alot of texting, some not at all. and there will be many chapters that are in a point of view that's not louis'. like this one.

---

"hey, h. how did it go?"

harry smiled and sat on the couch, his elbows digging into his thighs. "it went amazing. he's so sweet and caring, we talked a lot."

"you've been gone for nearly five hours, i was getting kinda curious if you fucked or not."

harry rolled his eyes. "zayn, why are you like this?"

zayn snorted and sat in the recliner next to harry. "because you're my best friend and sometimes i worry about you."

"sometimes? gee, thanks," harry chuckled. "what time do we need to leave?"

"around twelve, he said he'll be home by then."

harry nodded and went to his room, changing out of his date clothes and into his..."work" clothes.

he and zayn have been best mates for over ten years, since they were both fifteen. zayn was drawing something in class and harry told him it was badass, and then they became friends because zayn was new to harry's school and loved art. harry told him he could kind of sing and zayn was like, "oh me too!" and it just went from there.

ten years later, they're graduated from uni, living together and both dwell in dark secrets. zayn's in it because of his family, harry's in it because of zayn.

the two boys load up in zayn's car once midnight arrives and the man tells them he's home. the drive takes ten minutes at the most because one: zayn speeds, and two: they need the money so that zayn's father has everything lined out.

"be on the lookout," harry teased. "i'll be right back."

the taller man stepped out of the car, pulling his gun out of the glovebox. he stuck it in the waistband of his jeans and walked to the door, knocking on it and waiting. come on, come on, come on.

zayn watched as harry was led into the shabby house and the sound of a gunshot told him that the man obviously didn't have what they needed.

---

"how much did you get out of him?"

"seven grand."

"how much was he short?"

"five."

"god damn, dad isn't gonna be happy," zayn huffed.

"i kinda raided the house as fast as i could and found some items that might be worth something, so 'm gonna take 'em to evan, too. just fucking go," harry said as he finished buckling up.

the man, jace, owed evan a shit ton of money for drugs. lots of them. jace was supposed to be one of his down graded dealers, only selling marijuana and coke, but jace turned his selling into using and fucked everything up. he didn't have the money to give him for the quoted 'sales', and then he confessed that he was using the drugs, and evan had told him to come up with the missing money or start planning a funeral.

looks like jace isn't planning one, but his family is.

"what'd you get?" zayn asked his mate after a few minutes of silence.

"jewelry. some rings, a watch, a necklace, yadda yadda yadda. probably gonna convince your dad to let me have this one ring i found because i fucking love it."

"doubt he'll say no. he says yes to you more than me and i'm his own kid!"

harry laughed at that and took his gloves off, stuffing them in his pocket. "i think it's because i'm cuter than you."

"don't make me punch you, styles."

"i'll tell dad!"

---

at evan's, the two men were seated in the kitchen with their boss, each of them sipping on a beer.

"son of a bitch," evan huffed. he was about zayn's height. zayn was relatively a carbon copy of him, except zayn's eyes were lighter and he was skinnier than his father.

"what was his time frame, again?" zayn asked the man, leaning back in his chair. he knew his dad had a limit for the man, but he forgot. he's kind of stupid.

"i gave him five months," was all he replied. for some reason, his tone was softer than usual. almost in..pity.

"dad-"

"was it only cash?" evan proceeded to ask.

harry grabbed the few items that he stashed in a bag out of his coat pocket. "some jewelry. but they seemed expensive so i took 'em."

evan looked them over and sighed. "i'll get tati to look at these and see if they're real."

"i checked the rings, they're legit. sterling silver," harry mumbled and showed the man the 925 engravings. evan looks them over once more before harry says, "i want one."

"which one?"

"fucking told you he wouldn't care," zayn huffed. "mean ass."

evan barked out a laugh and harry held up the small ring with a rose bud on it. it was plain and simple and harry wanted it as soon as he got it but since evan was his boss, he had to go through him for prized possesions after tasks. luckily, evan let him have it for fifty bucks and three grams of weed.

potheads, man.

they ended up smoking a blunt while they were there and harry kept the ring in his pocket, occasionally fumbling with it and slid it to his first knuckle on his thumb (as far as it would go) until he finally rested it on a finger that fit.

he and zayn ended up crashing at evan's place after they did a few more tasks, and for some reason harry couldn't keep a small blue eyed boy off of his mind.

---

louis: did you make it home safe? sorry i didnt text you last night. i had to do some homework & crashed x

harry: i made it. thank you for checking up on me. how is school? keep your grades up or i wont take you on any more dates. ;)

louis: is that a threat?

harry: you're too hot to threaten, so i dunno.

louis: wow, what a charmer.

harry: ;) what are you doing?

louis: contemplating fighting you.

harry: why? ):

louis: BC IM BLUSHING AND I CANT MAKE IT STOP

harry: is it because i called you hot?

louis: yes

harry: aw. but seriously, wyd?

louis: cleaning up a little bit. what ab you?

harry: honestly, same. if you're free around 2, would you mind meeting me at j's place?

louis: are you asking me out on another date?

harry: i just miss your cute face ):

louis: poor baby ): yeah, i can do that. i have something to tell you anyways!!

"same here, louis," harry sighed, placing his head in his arms. "same here."

---

this is short and lame and probably makes zero sense. im sorry. its almost time for me to go to work and im crying over throwback 1d songs and my heART CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE