thirteen

sirens and flashing lights were all louis could see and hear. everything else was fuzzy.

harry was holding his boyfriend close as the emt's took niall on a stretcher. the coroner bad shown up and pronounced the other guy dead, so they took him into the van and drove him to the morgue. the shooter got away -- harry couldn't kill him in front of louis. the man knew which side of town he was heading to, though, so it shouldn't be that hard to finish an unstarted job.

"i just wanna go home," louis mumbled into harry's chest. he had niall's blood on his hands and the blood was still seeping into the tile.

they were having a great night and out of the fucking blue someone dies. in his club. what the hell?

harry squeezed him, kissing his head. "i know, baby. but we gotta talk to the cops.."

"shouldn't you run 'cause you're...y'know?" louis whispered.

harry shook his head because no, there's no reason to. harry has a clean background. if someone were to question him he wouldn't have a problem lying or showing them his record. he hasn't been charged for anything (that they can prove), so he's good to go. plus, london can't do shit about gangs. there's too many around to control. it's like a drug epidemic. they can try, but usually fail.

"sir?" an officer steps by. "can you by any chance tell me what you know?"

before louis could speak, harry told the officer as he rubbed his back, "there was a fight, our friend tried to stop it and then there were shots."

"no names?"

louis shook his head. "jus' niall. our friend."

"niall was the lad in the green day shirt, correct?"

louis nodded, frowning.

"well, your friend is going to be okay, i think. they said he may recover well or in a few days. he didn't lose much blood."

louis whimpered at the thought of a dead niall.

"we'll get a team out to get dna samples and such, for now, here's my card. if you have anything else we need to know about, give me a shout."

harry nodded and took the card. "i'm guessing the club will be closed down for a bit?"

"obviously," the cop nods. "we have to scope the area for the attacker, get video footage, the whole shabang."

louis frowned at his words nervously.

liam darted into the club and ran over to louis. "i just heard what happened, are you okay? you didn't get-"

"he's fine," harry coaxed softly. "he's just really shook up and won't let go."

louis looked back at liam. "someone fucking died."

harry swayed them back and forth as he cried. louis felt bad for the man who got shot, for the shooter and for niall. niall was like his brother. and louis is covered in his brother's blood.

"it's gonna be okay," liam tried to convince the small boy, reaching over and put a hand on his shoulder.

"do you want to go back to the dorm?" louis' roommate asked.

louis shook his head. he didn't want to be around people who would bombard him with questions about the club. he wanted to be away. he wanted to be with niall, but he wanted to sleep at the same time. he let out a choked sob when niall's blood glistened under the club lights.

"let's go to mine, yeah?" harry murmured softly and when louis nodded, he carried him out of the bar and to his corvette. liam followed, wanting to make sure his friend would be okay.