extra: wormy

louis sat on the floor in the doorway to the kitchen, legs spread out and riley's favorite toy between his knees. riley was just feet away from him, eyes trained on the little stuffed animal. he wanted it. louis knew he wanted it.

"come get it," he cooed. "you can do it, bubba. come to dad."

riley knows how to hold himself up. he stands in the crawling position quite often, but it's just the actual crawling that he doesn't like to do. he'll be seven months old in a week or so, so he's getting there. it'll take time. some babies do things late, or backwards. the doctor said he's really right on track with most babies his age if not further.

louis thinks he's an advanced infant much like his sister was. both of them were hitting milestones before the age mark. raven was speaking full sentences before she was even three, telling her dads that she didn't like this or she wanted to go do that. she was walking on her first birthday and calling her uncle niall an asshole by her second.

riley's a very vocal baby. all he likes to do is babble and yell. he argues with harry a lot, and it's quite entertaining. harry says that riley has louis' sass. he said the same about their daughter, which can not be denied whatsoever.

louis tapped his fingers on the floor next to his son's toy. "it's okay."

footsteps approached from the right. harry slowly made his way down the stairs so that he wouldn't distract the littlest one and watched with soft eyes as riley put one hand in front of himself.

louis continued to tap his fingers when the six month old made the first move. he smiled at him and made grabby hands for him. "come on."

riley rocked himself a bit and moved further, making louis smile harder. his little hands smacked against the floor and his booty wiggled as he traveled, making both of his dads laugh.

"almost there," louis cooed. "you got this! show daddy what you're made of, son!"

he couldn't help but squeal when riley made a successful trip over to him. the infant's eyes lit up at the sound.

"yay!" louis beamed and picked him up, hoisting him on his lap. "riley's a big boy!"

"go riley!" harry clapped his hands and sat on the bottom of the stairs.

louis gave riley his toy and kissed his head. "good job, buddy. i knew you could do it."

"i told you he was trying."

"i know. i just wanted to see," louis said, turning riley around so he could see harry too. "say hi to daddy."

"hi!" harry waved at his son.

riley chucked his toy onto the floor, making louis laugh. he grabbed it and threw it to harry, who caught it and dangled it between his knees.

louis put riley back on the floor and patted his bum. "daddy's got it. go get it from him."

"oh shit," harry's eyes widened when riley started wobbling over to him. it took him a second but he caught on. riley's main method of transportation for a little while was rolling. he couldn't get very far, but he was a master at turning himself over. "baby dude's on the move!"

louis cheered from behind. "go riley! go riley!"

riley tipped over when he got to the stairs, rolling onto his side and on his back. harry peered down at him and brushed the ears to his toy bunny over the boy's face, smiling when riley did.

"shew." harry brushed the toy over his face again. "aaah, shew!"

riley giggled at the next brush and grabbed the bunny by its ears.