fifty five

"you should have let me go after them!" niall screams, voice cracking as he pushes zayn off of him and he runs into the road. he climbs on top of the car that was nestled into the front of the car and opens the back door. "oh my god. louis? louis! can you hear me?"

zayn pulls out his phone and calls 911 as he tries to see if harry was okay. he could see that harry was luckily still breathing and he told the operator that both of his brothers were knocked out. harry had blood dripping from his nose while louis had quite the gash on his head.

one of the other drivers gets out of the car. "oh my god, i'm so sorry! are they okay?!"

niall checks for any signs of trauma to louis' stomach. "we have a pregnant person in the back seat, zayn, tell them to get here as soon as possible!"

zayn finishes the call and sees flashing lights heading their way. he kicks away some slush and tries to calm the other drivers down. one of them was a young girl and she only had a busted lip but she was definitely shaken up. she mentions that she slid on the road and when she pressed on the brakes, it made it even worse.

when the ambulance arrives, niall notices that louis' gray jeans were turning a deep color.

"zayn- zayn! he's bleeding!" he shrieks and unbuckles louis' seatbelt. "we gotta get them out- raven! she could be hurt!"

zayn hurries over to the emergency personnel and they follow him back to the scene. they guide louis onto a stretcher and quickly get it into the back of the ambulance while another truck comes to get harry. firefighters show up to pull the three vehicles apart and zayn pulls his shirt down lower, wishing he could just toss his gun away but he knew he was going to be questioned so what was the point? his license was in the car and they probably wouldn't let him get in due to it being a crash scene.

"why are you so calm?!" niall grabs zayn's shirt.

"i've been through this too many times to freak out," zayn mumbles. "panicking just makes things worse."

niall whimpered and hid his face in zayn's chest. "please let them be okay," he says. "i can't lose them.."

"i know, me neither," zayn wraps his arms around him. "once things get cleared up here, we will go straight to the hospital."

"how? the car is completely demolished."

the raven haired lad kissed his head. "dad will take us. but i need to find a loophole to where twelve won't go near shawn."

"go pee," niall says. "scope the place."

"i love your little brain," his fiancé squeezes him and heads back to the building. niall tells emergency personnel that louis was asleep in the backseat and the car went out of gear. it happens, it's not unusual. especially if it is running and could have died, plus that's really what happened. one of shawn's people put the car in reverse and pushed it into the road.

the cops and ambulances checked out the other drivers and passengers. one child had a bumped head, but that was it. nobody really took any major damage except for harry and louis.

niall sat on the curb and tucked his head in his knees. his shoulders trembled from shot nerves but he was also freezing. he was surprised zayn was able to leave the scene without being targeted, he just wanted him back and he wanted his brothers and niece to be okay. if louis didn't make it but harry did, he knew harry would be devastated. he has watched harry grow from this "big bad" gang member to the real person his persona was hiding all along. harry is a caring man with a big heart, he just has a job to do.

evan arrived at the scene as fast as he could, rushing over to his son and his son's fiancé. zayn made it back before he showed up. "do you know what hospital they're at?"