seventy three

tw for suicide/death

quite a bit of dialogue, too. don't mind it x

—-

harry picked up the phone in a matter seconds when he saw the hitman's name flashing on the screen.

"styles," he answers. he listened as he was spoken to and ran a hand through his hair with a soft sigh. "okay, alright, thank you...yeah, 's fine. i'll catch you later." and the line went dead.

he stood on the stairs monentarily until his cell slipped out of his hand and flipped down the steps, landing on the floor. it caught louis' attention from his own mobile and the boy looked up to see harry standing in..shock?

"he's dead."

"who's dead?"

harry sat on the staircase. "evan...he killed himself."

louis fishmouthed before padding over toward harry and squeezed inbetween him and the wall. "you gonna be alright?"

harry shrugged his shoulders before staring down at the steps. "don't worry about me. i'll be fine. but zayn, fuck."

"will you?" louis asks quietly. "i know you hate him and so do the rest of us but that's still...quite a bit to take on, love. he helped raise you."

his partner sunk his teeth on his lower lip in a silent trance. he sighs before resting his head on louis' shoulder. louis took his hand in his own and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"what he did was inexcusable," harry muttered. "nothing would've changed if we killed him that night we went over there."

louis nods and kissed harry's head. "you know i'm here if you need anything."

"i appreciate you," was all harry managed to say. he didn't know exactly how to feel in that moment. sad? surprised? happy? he wasn't sure. "i dunno how zayn's gonna feel about this."

louis kept quiet as harry stared across the living room until he got up and went into the kitchen. louis leaned forward to keep an eye on him and watched as the man grabbed a beer and sat back beside him. the phone was still flat on the floor unbothered.

"you wanna smoke?" louis offered. "i can roll you one if you want."

harry shook his head and twisted the cap off the bottle. he flipped the metal around in his fingers before putting it in his pocket. "i just need a moment to gather my thoughts, love."

his love nods and kissed his cheek. "i'll leave you be, then," he murmured and stood. he was pulled back down by a gentle hand and harry kept an arm around him as he pulled louis into his side.

"stay," he pleaded. "didn't mean i wanted you to leave me alone."

louis looked up and brushed harry's hair back. "sure you're gonna be alright?"

with a deep sigh, harry took a drink of his beer and placed it between his feet. "in due time, i will be. hopefully."

"you're strong, hazza," louis reminds him. "i have full faith in you."

harry leaned back and looked down at him. "i love you so much."

louis hummed and kissed his jaw. "i love you."

the phone began to ring again and harry stared at it. he didn't feel like talking to anyone.

louis moved to grab it and answered for him. "hi zee."

harry finished his beer by the time louis ended the phone call. louis held onto harry's phone as he anticipated another possible call and sat behind harry instead of beside him. he pulled harry's back between his knees and felt his stomach start to turn. with evan dead, this meant zayn was now really in charge.