thirty seven

small time skip. id say maybe a month?

---

"lizard on the loose! zayn! c'mere, bud!" niall shrieked.

louis jumped up and went to zayn's room, where niall was trying to chase after his growing reptile. bud had managed to squirm under zayn's bed and hide, his beard puffed out as far as it could go.

louis cooed and dropped to his knees, peering under the bed. "bud, where'd ya go?"

he grabbed his phone and turmed the flashlight on, shining it until he saw a tiny four legged creature nestled in the middle of the floor. louis and niall moved the bed, cautious of the lizard and louis scooped bud up, petting his head.

"did niall scare you off?" he asked the lizard softly, jutting his lip out in a pout. the frightened animal slowly calmed down to his owner's touch and voice and he skidded up louis' arm to his shirt, tucking his head against louis' collar.

"i'm sorry!" niall wailed. "i wanted to hold him and he got anxious and jumped!"

louis chuckled and pet the reptile, running his finger along his bumpy skin. "'s okay, he's a baby. he's a wee scared."

bud stuck his tongue out and licked louis' skin. niall pouted and fixed the bed, then sat on it.

"mean ass fucking crocodile," niall grumbled. "can't even have fun with them."

"shut up," louis snorted. "you'll live. now i'm taking my child to my room."

niall waved him off and louis held bud close to him while he went across the hall. he opened the door and smiled when he saw harry typing away on his laptop. he sat beside the man and peeled the lizard off of him, sitting him on his fiancé's chest.

"hello there," harry greeted the reptile and pet him while he browsed. "you've gotten big."

"he just shed not that long ago," louis laid his head on harry's shoulder. "whatcha looking at?"

"my safehouse," harry hummed. "thinking about us moving in."

"our own house?" louis gasped dramatically. "oh my lord, i thought we would be stuck here forever!"

harry snorted and chuckled. "do you want anything specific?"

louis shrugged. "eh...something home-y, for the both of us would be perfect."

they discussed what they wanted and didn't want (even though harry's safehouse was a bland one, they opted to renovate it to make it more like home) and louis soon took bud back to his tank to rest, since he had fallen asleep against one of his dad's chests. harry put the computer away and shifted, sighing.

he wanted a house with louis. he wanted to spend the rest of his life with louis, maybe even have a family with him, but he was scared.

louis was his everything. louis was his sun, moon and stars. he's never fallen head over heels with someone like him. being in the gang may traumatize the boy. what happens if he and louis ever got into it and part ways? louis can't back out. if he does he's gone.

literally.

"oi," louis waved his hand in harry's face and snapped his fingers. "earth to harold."

harry looked up. "oops, sorry."

louis chuckled and straddled him. "love me."

"i do!" harry wrapped his arms around him, nuzzling his face in his shoulder. "i love you very much, my prince."

louis cooed and twirled his hair. "i love you, my lion."

harry hummed and kissed his collarbone. "i love you more."