seventy eight

louis was laying on the bed, on his tummy reading his book when he felt a weight dip onto him. the familiar hands belonging to his love planted onto his shoulders, giving them gentle rubs as harry leaned down to kiss his head.

"whatcha reading now, babe?" harry peers over his head.

"still that one book," louis hums, turning the page. "'s not too bad."

"little bookworm, you," harry chuckles. louis shrugs and sets his book down, resting his head in his arms. harry works his hands up and down, massaging the man's neck and upper back.

"it's too quiet," louis huffs. "i miss my baby."

harry pouts. "i miss her too."

"parents can't be hit with kidnapping charges, can they?"

the older lad snorts at the question. "i think they can."

louis lets out a low whine. it really was weird not having the baby there. he's too used to sitting and playing with her toys, sharing all the food with her and snuggling until harry gets home and then harry gets all the attention.

"i hope she's okay," louis murmured. "don't think niall has tried to kill her yet."

"don't think so," harry nods in agreement, pressing his fingers between his fiance's shoulderblades. "he just wants to be prepared for this little one and raven is perfect for it."

"my wild child," louis chuckles. "what are we gonna do with her?"

harry only shrugs. "i've yet to think that far."

the smaller man sighed softly as harry relieved his muscles. "what do you wanna do?"

there's a soft hum in thought as harry shuffles back and runs his hands down louis' spine. "make dinner, possibly poison you, hide your body and run away to alaska."

"my hero," louis swoons. "how did i ever get so lucky?"

harry laughs and gets off of him, rolling onto his back beside him. they lay there for a bit until louis mentioned that he actually could use some food and harry gave him a piggyback ride down the stairs to the kitchen. he was louis' hero, he said so himself.

louis grabs the red wine from the fridge and sets two glasses down to pour one for each of them. he hands one to harry, offering a toast. "thanks for the ride."

harry doesn't fight the smirk that creeps onto his face and clinks their glasses. louis sits on the counter as the man finds something to make for them and occasionally makes a side remark about harry being such a devoted housewife. it causes the man to only narrow his eyes at him and silence him with samples from what he was cooking. he opted on steak and whatever variety of vegetables they had in the kitchen.

"try this one," harry grabbed a cut up piece of steak and held it to louis' mouth. "see if it needs more seasoning or not."

louis obliges happily, but doesn't break eye contact as he sucks the butter off of harry's thumb. he tilts his head side to side as he chews and slumps back, rolling his eyes back for dramatic effect. "my dick is so hard right now. that..is perfect."

"yeah?" harry grins.

"total boner alert," louis nods. "gimme another."

harry laughs and feeds him the other half of the piece he cut. "here, you ass."

"thanks babes," louis hums and finishes the other piece before pulling harry back to kiss his cheek. "i love you."

"i love you," harry beams before kissing his lips and returning to the stove. louis shuffles through his music as he starts his second glass of wine and lands on one of his favorite playlists. songs filled the air as they waited for dinner to finish, and harry settled himself between louis' legs when the timer on the oven said it still had a few minutes to go. louis hooked his ankles around the man's waist and gripped the sides of his shirt to keep him close.