fifty one

why do i drag my fics on and on rip

---

"hey, baby," louis says softly and pushed onto his tummy a few times. "wake up, i'm bored."

he kept pushing a few times and huffed when he got no response, meaning his daughter was asleep. just like her father.

louis sat in the bed and crossed his arms. it was around two in the morning and harry was knocked out from his exhausting hospital trip. louis could hear the soft beeping of the heart monitor and looked over at the man, silently thanking god he was okay.

louis still couldn't believe that someone like dr. baugh would do something like this. he didn't expect to be so blind. the doctor didn't even push off a bad vibe to him. evan trusted him, harry trusted him, he trusted him. why would he do this to them?

and harry, why does harry have to be a target? the man doesn't even do anything wrong. lately he has been hip to hip with louis, always making sure he's okay and has everything he needs. he helps louis change his clothes, rubs his back when he's in pain and loves his child unconditionally. he's still involved with the gang but he doesn't do anything like everyone else does. he doesn't go on anymore big heists like he used to, he doesn't go kill people as much, there's no reason for him to be attacked.

louis reaches over and strokes the sleeping man's cheek. harry's eyes flutter open for a moment and he falls back asleep once he notices it was just louis. they were able to push the tansy out of his system aside from his puking and his pain has reduced. louis felt for him.

the hospital was so silent during the night with the quiet employees not trying to wake up patients and keep their electronics down. the telly was still running with family guy softly playing on the screen. louis watched the episode and quietly laughed at different scenes.

"no," harry mumbled. "no way."

"harry?" louis grabs his hand.

"don't..not my baby- not my baby!"

"harry, hazza," louis shook him. "baby, wake up."

harry whimpered and jolted awake. "fuck, oh my god," he clings to louis and refused to let go, mumbling incoherent words.

"you were having a bad dream, huh?" louis cooed. harry nods and wraps his arms around his fiancé. "what happened, babe? you mentioned something about a baby..your baby, precisely."

"doctor baugh was gonna take my baby," harry whimpered. "you-you delivered but you ended up-"

louis lifted harry's head up and wiped his tears. "don't work yourself up. you just woke up, love."

harry nods and rubs his eyes with the heels of his hands. "fuck, this shit is freaking me out now."

louis leaned over and grabbed his bottle of sprite, offering it to harry. the man accepted it and took a small sip before tapping the half full bottle on louis' tummy. "is she awake?"

"no, she's sleepin'," louis hummed.

"i wanna wake her up."

"go for it, it might make you feel better."

harry nods and wiggles around, laying his cheek on louis' tummy. "raven kaiser styles, daddy wants you to wake up right this instant, young lady."

louis giggled as he played with harry's hair. "i don't think that's gonna work, honey."

"i'm trying," harry pouts. he peppers kisses all over his belly and pokes it in random spots. "raaaaven, wakey wakey."

harry stopped for a moment, just opting to rub louis' stomach and he smirked when he felt his daughter push her foot against his hand.