forty one

slight warning of homophobic/transphobic slurs, sexual harrassment and some violence.

---

"hey prince?"

"yeah?" louis asked after blowing a bubble with his gum.

"i kinda have some more baby names," harry hummed. "just a few."

"i wanna know!" louis' eyes lit up. the two had been tossing name ideas back and forth for a while but they just couldn't agree on the perfect one. not only did they want one that was cute, but one that was uncommon as well. he had one in mind for a girl that he was for sure settled on, but was afraid harry would have one better. for a boy, harry had a good one and was fearing the same thing.

the two grabbed their papers of their own baby names and added more before swapping.

(harry's list)

boy:

kaiser
max
connor
xavier
oliver
william
joshua

girl:

emily
ava
rhiannon
cynthia
olivia
harper
amelia
brianna

(louis' list)

boy:

hunter
malachai
jeremiah
elliot
jaden
blaine
blair

girl:

raven
maribel
echo
tiana
kasey
cheyenne
sierra

"i love this one," harry pointed to a specific name on the girl's list. louis smiled softly and his heart fluttered at the one he was stuck on. they agreed that would be perfect for a first name and juggled the rest of them for the middle. they did the same with the boy name and harry cheered that they picked his favorite off of his own list.

harry had slowly started packing their belongings to move into the new house. his personal goal was to move in by the time they found out the gender of the baby so he and the lads (excluding louis) could set up the nursery. louis took a day off to help pack but it just resorted in harry having louis lay in bed while he did the work. louis would try to help but when harry eventually shooed the boy out of the room, he would grumble to the baby that their daddy was a fuckwad and then apologize for cussing because the baby could now hear.

---

the group of four went to deja vu for the night to get out of the house. the same people were there. mia was happy to see louis again and even congratulated him on his pregnancy. manny did the same (being mia's father, he knew when mia found out) and niall pulled zayn over to the table to play cards.

harry sat on the couch and louis snuggled into his side before huffing and moving around. he eventually just laid his legs across harry's lap and laid his head on the back of the sofa. harry gently massaged his legs and drummed his thumbs against them, making louis chuckle.

louis rubbed his tummy softly, smiling when beebs wiggled inside of him. harry moved his arm to rest his hand upon his fiancé's and murmured the baby names they decided on. he loved the sound of them, especially with his last name.

"did dr. baugh ever determine the due date?" harry asked softly.

louis looked down at their hands. "he said sometime in january, maybe earlier though 'cause i'm high risk." they concluded that the baby had to have been made around the time louis graduated uni or even after that because he fell ill not even a two months later then wound up seven weeks pregnant. it was now mid august.