thirty three

for some reason, harry has been tense. he seemed out of it and that was unusual. if it involved work, he would normally just sit in the circle and smoke a blunt to remove his thoughts of the day but when he denied the pass, there was an uneasy silence as louis and zayn smoked. he looked like he had something on his mind but he couldn't build up the courage to talk about it. it worried his fiancé to the point that all he did was sit on his lap, wrap his arms around his neck and snuggle into his chest in hopes he could find a way to help his lover.

"i need a drink," the cheshire lad mumbled. "or twelve."

"what's wrong?" louis pouted against harry's neck.

harry shook his head. "nothing, babe."

"talk to me," louis said softly. "it's obvious something is eating you alive, harry. you're not like you usually are."

harry shook his head again. "zayn, get the jack?"

zayn shook his head. "i'm good."

fuck him and his stubborness.

harry shrugged. "fine then. lou, please get up."

"no."

"louis."

"no."

"suit yourself," harry huffed and removed louis from him, laying him on the couch and went to the kitchen on his own. louis frowned and sat up, looking at zayn, who was just as confused. he was high, so he really didn't understand what was going on until they could hear the cabinets being opened and a cup being planted on the table and put down many times. louis counted each one.

six.

harry downed six shots of whiskey back to back, engulfing himself with the alcohol. zayn entered the kitchen and yanked the bottle from the counter, and knocked the glass on the floor.

"what the fuck?" harry jumped. louis flinched at the sudden raise in his voice and he stood in the entryway, watching the commotion unfolding before him. harry was furious, zayn was fed up.

"what the fuck is wrong with you?" zayn snapped. "you don't do this. you don't bottle up inside, and you definitely don't push louis away and drown yourself in depressants."

"it's nothing," harry snapped. "give me the bottle."

"no, fuck you."

harry reached over and attempted to snatch the glass bottle but zayn had already went to the sink and dumped it down the drain.

"you're a proper cunt," harry glared at the man. "an inconsiderate bitch, too."

"me, inconsiderate?" zayn scoffed. "okay. and you're the cunt, here."

"because i'm drinking?"

"because you're stupid," zayn crossed his arms.

"ha, fuck you. i've saved your ass plenty of times when you were dumbfounded yet i'm stupid."

"you're literally arguing with me about nothing, you're mad i took your whiskey," zayn said. harry shook his head and louis nervously chewed on his lip.

"louis, where are my keys?"

"oh no," louis shook his head. "you're not leaving."

"you don't tell me what i can and can't do," harry snapped and louis visibly flinched. this wasn't harry. this wasn't him at all. harry was always so gentle and sweet and giggly. now he's an asshole and louis felt a large pang in his heart as he kept drunkenly rambling.

"where are my keys?" he asked again.

"i'm not giving them to you," louis said and put his hands on his hips.