Chapter one

"You-you made me do this!" I looked down at my stomach as a red color started to stain my hoodie. I was fucking shot. I put my hand on my stomach and tried to stop it from bleeding but the red liquid oozed between my fingers. "Just..just don't move."

I looked at Philip as he stared at me while gripping the roots of his hair. "I-" I coughed and my eyes widened as I felt something drip down my chin. I brought the back of my hand to my chin and swiped it before lifting it, seeing a dark crimson on my skin.

"Fuck." Philip quickly ran to the front door and gave me one last glance before leaving.

I squeezed my eyes shut before reopening them to keep me awake, remembering from greys anatomy that you shouldn't sleep while bleeding out.

"H-hel-" I couldn't get my words out as I felt blood start to pool in my throat making me cough harshly. I felt it, I couldn't breathe. I tried to roll onto my side but my body wouldn't cooperate with my mind. My lungs felt like they were on fire as my eyes started to close from low oxygen.

"Y/n! Hey hey!" I was suddenly on my side as the blood spilled out of my mouth and down my neck. "Fuck, um my friend was shot a-and she's bleeding and choking on blood. Floor seven apartment sevenB. My name is Ellie."

"Ellie," I whispered as I reached for her hand. She looked down at me with tears escaping the corner of her eyes as she interlaced our fingers. "I'm scared." Her eyes closed as she leaned down to press a kiss to my forehead. My body slowly started to turn numb until I couldn't feel anything. No pain, no blood, nothing. "Y/n please no, I love you! You're my best friend."

"And Stella won't stop asking for yo-" I jolted up as I gasped from air. "Y/n." I looked to the side and Vanessa was at my bed side with wide eyes. She quickly grabbed a remote looking button and pressed it as I grabbed at my throat. I could still feel it clogging with blood as I coughed.

"Hi Y/n. I need to to look at me alright?" A tall doctor walked in as he grabbed a button by the iv bag and pushed it. Suddenly I felt relaxed again as I laid back. "I know you're feeling anxious and confused but I need you to stay relaxed. This button has controlled morphine that can help you with your pain. Only use it when you are in pain."

I nodded slowly as he handed me the button. "Wh-where," I stopped and swallowed harshly to moisten my dry throat.

"I'll get you some water." The doctor smiled before leaving the room.

I looked at Vanessa who was slyly trying to wipe her tears. "Why..didn't you tell..me." I said slowly as I grabbed her hand. She sniffed and shook her head. "Philip..he made you."

"I know." She dropped her head and let out quiet sobs as she kissed my hand. "But he was there at your bed side and he said he would come back. I was an idiot, I don't know why I didn't just go to the police." I ran my fingers through her hair as her tears ran down my arm.

"It's okay." I whispered and meant it. Neither of us made good decisions and I couldn't judge her for that.

"Oh, my God." I looked towards the door where a certain blonde stood with her hands covering her mouth. I bit my bottom lip softly as a small smile pulled at me lips.