Chapter fifty four

-

-

I looked in the mirror as I fixed my collared shirt, making sure it was perfectly flat, ceased of wrinkles. That's when I saw Vivian walk in with a small baby in her arms. My baby.

"She woke up." She whispered, handing me Rosie and stepping back.

I made sure I grabbed her blanket and laid it over my right shoulder to avoid any accidents that would mess up my appearance.

"Hi beautiful." I whispered as she stared up at me with those bright blue eyes that I've grown to love. "How was your nap?" Her pink lips upturned slightly, little blabbers leaving her mouth as she grabbed my chain softly. I smiled and rocked her side to side. "I want you to know something, Princess." I gently shifted her weight to my arms, cradling her as I connected our eyes while I spoke. "I don't care how you came into this world. As long as I'm here, I swear on my life that you'll be taken care of. I'll keep telling you that until you can understand it." She continued looking up at me softly, obliviously. But I didn't care if she was thirteen days or thirteen years old, I'd say it until the day I died because no child of mine would ever feel unwanted. Not if I had anything to do with it.

"Y/n." I looked over my shoulder as Zach stood in the doorway in a nicely pressed suit, his hair gelled for once. "It's time to head over before more paparazzi show up."

"Okay." I breathed out, leaning down to press a kiss to Rosie's forehead. "No matter what happens, I'll be here for you." I muttered before handing her back to Vivian, clearing my throat as I started out of the room.

"Wait." I stopped abruptly and saw Vivian looking distressed, her forehead creased. "Just... hold on a second." She placed Rosie into her car seat, gazing at Zach and he nodded, walking out. "Remember when I told you I'd tell you something before you went, if you went?"

"Yeah..." I trailed off, slowly approaching her. "What's up?"

She ran her hand through her hair before turning around, looking up at the ceiling as she breathed out a heavy sigh. "I'm sorry." What. I was stunned in silence because Vivian almost never apologized. Not unless she meant it. When she turned around, I immediately spotted her watery eyes. "About everything. It all started in high school and I just never let it go. I never let it go." She repeated herself, letting out a shaky breath.

"What do you mean?" I whispered.

Sniffing, she sat down on the couch. "When you started dating Steph...I was confused. I always got the girls, the friends, the parties. That was the start of everything. Being moved around foster homes as a kid fucked me up; I was always treated like shit so when I finally got a taste of being on top..."

"You wanted to keep it?" I added, she nodded.

"Yeah. Then instead of me being lead of Envy like it had already been... it was you. And you got the call from Brendon, you hung out with celebrities the most... the solo stuff...I was just jealous and stupid."