Chapter forty three

"Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock!" The twins sung along loudly to the music that played through out the car and I laughed, my head nodding.

"Play mistletoe now!" Stella yelled once the music ended.

Alexa, having the aux, played the song and baby Bieber started to sound off the speakers. Once we got to a red light, I pulled out my phone and went to Instagram as I made a video. "Bieber, your voice use to be so cute.. what happened." I mumbled jokingly with a head shake before I ended the video and posted it to my story.

When we reached the house, I cut off my car and we all climbed out, Alexa grabbing Rosie who was busy eating on a strawberry flavored candy cane.

I wasn't evil, I knew Vanessa would wanna see the twins for Christmas so I made a quick stop at her house before I took us all ice skating. No matter how strong they acted, I knew the twins missed their mom. I could see it.

"Do you think she got us that nerf gun set?" Ezra asked Stella excitedly.

"Ooh I hope so. The rebel bow looks insane... ooh wait, or the new fifa for the PlayStation!"

I smiled as they kept trying to guess what Vanessa got for them but when I reached the door, my smile fell. It was cracked open. I looked at Alexa and she shrugged so I softly knocked before waiting for a response. Nothing.

My eyebrows raised as I slowly opened it and walked in. "Vanessa?" I called out and faintly heard music coming from the living room. I shook my head softly at her absentmindedness before rounding the corner. "You know you-" I froze, my eyes widening at what I saw. Two naked bodies right in front of the Christmas tree. "For fuck sakes." I huffed out before turning the twins around and ushering them back out quickly, Vanessa gasped behind us but I kept walking until we were outside.

"Was that Neels?" Stella said with a grimace.

I shook my head and slammed the door harshly. Alexa sensed my anger so she wrapped one arm around me from behind, her other holding up Rosie, and softly kissed the back of my neck . "It's okay, don't let it get to you." She whispered into my ear and rested her chin on my shoulder.

Nodding, I softly grabbed her hand and intertwined our fingers.

Seconds later, the door swung open and she clad in a white robe with a sheepish smile and disheveled hair. "Hey guys, Merry Christmas!" She said happily and the twins simply stared at her silently. "I wasn't expecting you guys today."

"It's Christmas mom." Ezra mumbled. "Why would we not come?" My face softened as I knew she had to strike a chord for him to act this way towards her. He crossed his arms and turned to me. "Can we leave?"

"I-" My head turned to Stella who sighed and already started walking back to the car. "Sure bud, whatever you want."

"Wait, what about your presents?" Vanessa said with wide eyes. She quickly ran back into the house and while she was gone, Neels walked out in sweats.

"Yo my favorite set of twins-"

"Shut up!" Stella yelled from the car.

Neels scratched the back of his neck before looking at Ezra. "My buddy Ez, you still eating good? Working out everyday?"

Ezra smiled. "Only people I like can call me Ez. It's Mr Y/ln to you."

Neels chuckled uneasily. "Come on Ez.. it's your best bro.. Kill Neel."

"I don't know her." He responded before walking down the steps. "I'll be with Stella, mom."

"Okay." I mumbled just as Vanessa came back with a smile that quickly dropped. "You don't call them anymore, you don't pick them up, you don't ask for them to come on Christmas." I shook my head and grabbed Alexa's hand. "You're losing your kids, Vanessa. I told you to enjoy yourself, not forget yourself. Merry Christmas."