#immoral offer Chapter 37

Liam

I was awakened by a rather persistent knock at the door. I got out of bed and walked slowly to the door, then the knock stopped. I walked over. I opened and saw Antonia standing against the wall at the entrance. His figure was hunched, his hands were hidden in his trouser pockets, his head was lowered and he nervously struck his left shoe against the wall, and with his right leg, which he kept on the floor, he tried to keep his balance.

'Antonio,' I whispered. He looked at me.

'Hi, Liam,' He mumbled and approached. He looked at me, and after a moment he threw himself on my neck. 'I feel so sorry for you because of your grandfather's loss.'

I could not say anything. No word. After a while, he moved away from me, and I offered him to come into my apartment. He took advantage of the invitation, but as soon as he sat down in the chair another banging on the door was heard. I went to open the entrance again.

'Harry?'

'Hi. I brought something sweet and take-out coffee, because I thought you would not be in the mood yourself, though ...' Hazza did not finish, because when he entered the living room he saw Antonio. 'What are you doing here?' He asked.

'He visited me,' I answered for him. Antonio smiled at me, and I nodded. 'I invited him inside because I did not want to talk in the corridor.'

'Why do you want to talk to him?' Harry asked.

'I'm here, Hazza,' Antonio muttered. 'Do not talk like I'm not here.'

'You are impertinent,' My friend said. 'You left him with your debts. You know how long they have been attacking him, and finally he must have taken them for you ...'

'That's why I'm here,' Antonio said, and I looked at him. He pulled a check from his jacket pocket and laid it on the table. 'I got to my feet. I have a job at Dan Malko's company, I've been healing and I'm still going to therapy, because I know I'm addicted to gambling. I have a flat and I've been trying to find out all the time, because I missed you.'

'What!' Harry's voice raised.

'Leave us alone, please,' I said, and my friend did not gladly leave the apartment. We were alone.

'Do you know Zayn from Dan Malko?'

'Yes. I am a driver there, I deal with more important shipments and I signed up for management studies because I'm supposedly.' He fell silent. 'Zayn and I drank at a company party, then. You probably do not want to listen?' He asked uncertainly.

'You and Zayn landed in bed,' I stifled.

'Yes,' He said. I sighed. 'I did not sleep with Malik. We just did it well. You know what I mean?' He asked, and I reluctantly nodded. 'We did not get to the point because Zayn changed his mind. He let me stay and I took advantage. We drank. Then some caresses, but sex did not occur. He could not.'

'That's enough,' I put in.

'Liam, I'd like to fix our relationship,' Antonio announced, and I shrugged. 'You have a hard time now and you need a friend.'

'I have Harry,' I said.

'Someone,' Antonio whispered.

'I already have someone from that,' I said, and he smiled softly at me.

####

Zayn

'Are you sure?' Dan asked.

'I'm not sure about many things related to you. I do not know if my dad knew I was not his son, did mom love you or maybe her father, that's why she stayed with him or what kind of siblings it would be and whether the company I was fighting for was still mine.' I spoke a lot. 'I may be confident sometimes, but I know I'm lost and want to change so many things over time. I decided to sell shares and leave your company and take care of something that made me happy and refreshed me a bit. When it comes to DNA testing, recognizing me as a son and telling you dad, I know I do not need it now. Maybe one day when I'm ready. And for now, I prefer to call you uncle or just Dan.'

'I'm trying to understand you,' He announced.

'It's not possible,' I said. 'I do not understand myself at times.' A secretary came into the office. 'Ann?' I was surprised to see her. My secretary. 'What are you doing here?'

'Your uncle hired me. I took advantage,' She answered with a smile on her face.

'That's good. I think you'll have a better place here,' I said, and she nodded.

'You have a guest Zayn. It's Andre Cola.'

'Take him to my room,' I said.

'That's the problem,' She stifled. 'He's waiting for you in front of the company. He said it would take you a moment,' She said and left the office. I glanced at Dan. He had a surprised expression on his face.

I sat next to Andre on the wall that surrounded the half of the building. The man smoked a cigarette and looked at a large building, and sometimes stared at the sky, the sun that today was hellishly unmerciful.

'What is going on?' I asked.

'Signs a contract with subsequent entrepreneurs. Your company goes under the knife. I wanted to ask who you plan to sell your shares.'

'I have already sold my shares,' I said.

'Who?' He asked.

'Kellan. He has a good adviser, and after so many years of working in the casino and enduring me, he must be compensated.'

'You made yourself good and suddenly you appreciate others, surprising,' He said. 'I regret that I met Liam too late, because it is probably his merit that you are a little more human.'

'I've always been like this,' I growled, rising from the wall. I decided to leave. 'We do not have conversational topics, so I will say goodbye to you.'

'Liam did not sleep with me,' He announced when I stood with him back. 'I know that the whole proposal on my part has badly influenced you.'

'It's not true,' I said.

'Not true? ' He asked. I did not react. I did not turn to him. I stood on the step and looked at the company's sign. 'Liam turned out to be a really special guy.' I dropped my head when those words came to me. 'And I'll tell you what I told him. You do not deserve him, his love, his respect, his loyalty, his compassion or goodness. You do not deserve anything on his part, because you did not appreciate its value. I hope that at your next error you will be able to meet him.'

Silence followed.

    An hour later I showed up at the door of Liam's apartment, but nobody opened it. I went to work at McDonald's. Harry said she got Payne out, Kim. She took him to a dance school. There is no one there in the holidays, so they could, together, immerse themselves in music, give in to a dance that they both love so much.

I appeared at the entrance of one of the halls. I sat down against the wall and heard the silence, then a feminine, gentle voice.

' I always wanted to kiss you, Liam.' Silence, and then the dancer again spoke to him. 'You're very important to me. Since I saw you, my little heart fell in love with you. In your laughter, look, voice and ...'

'Never from your mutual feelings,' Liam interjected.

I stood up. I tried not to disrupt the honest moment of conversation. I left the building. I sat on the bench opposite the dance school.

And I'll tell you what I told him. You do not deserve him, for his love, for his respect, for loyalty, for his compassion or goodness. You do not deserve anything on his part, because you did not appreciate its value. I hope that at your next error you will be able to meet him.- Andre's words hit me again very much.

'Maybe it's right that he does not deserve you,' I whispered, watching her leave the building with Kim.

He hugged her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. He noticed me, so he came over and when I sat on the bench I strangled.

'Excuse me. I know you did not sleep with Andre and I treated you.' I paused.

'And you did not sleep with Antonio,' He announced and touched my arm with his hand. 'Let's not talk about this.' I nodded as he looked at me. 'Will we go to the cemetery to my grandfather?' He asked, and again I made the same gesture as before.