13 April, 2018 - SY Prelim Results

Its Friday the 13th and guess what my college thought today was good for? Prelim paper showing. Great.

I woke up by 7:30AM, got ready and left for college and sat next to Kristen in our Large Lecture Room. Before our doom, we had an extensive town hall where we were introduced to our fancy third year curriculum.

This time around, we're having the major and minor system that I don't think is practiced much in my country. The majors that are being offered are:
1) Finance
2) Marketing
3) Management
4) Entrepreneurship
5) Economics

We have to choose one of them and I'm immediately drawn to Finance. I don't get good marks in the subject compared to the other ones but I have a stubborn liking for it and I will pursue it.

For our minor, we have to choose one paper from the majors that we haven't chosen. We also have to complete one digital course either in Sem 5 or Sem 6. Another option is to take a Liberal Arts paper.

We have my normal degree course subjects which are 7 in total (2 compulsory, 3 of either Accounting Group or Management Group and 2 electives out of 3 to be chosen)

The subjects are:
1) Economics
2) Commerce/HRM

3) Financial Accounting OR Financial Management
4) Cost Accounting OR Marketing Management
5) Management Accounting and Audit OR Corporate Management

6) Taxation OR Export Marketing OR Market Research
7) Taxation OR Export Marketing OR Market Research

We also have something called as capstone projects that I'm still confused about. We will be assigned one mentor (out of the 15 mentors) and we'll have some projects. The concept is still unclear.

Oh, and I guess club work will still be on (though I don't really want to be a part of it anymore).

So yeah, my third year is going to be pretty hectic.

After the town hall we got our marks and it's safe to say that I'm disappointed. I'm being very self aware when I say that my potential is getting 80 above in all subjects whereas I've got only 2 out of 6 subjects in 80s (The other 4- 2 in 70s and 2 in 60s). There isn't much to say about it now. My BTS obsession must be kept on hold.

I came home, had lunch, slept for an hour and studied quite a bit. I haven't watched any BTS related videos and I hope that remains until the end. 

Kristen, Paul and Ms. Paula met today. I couldn't go because I don't go anywhere when my exams are around. Ms. Paula left her job at our college a couple of weeks back. I'm sad that she won't be around to mentor me in college anymore but I'm happy for her.

Well I knew since the beginning that today will be the day I get serious about my final exams and it's high time I do. 

Good luck, me.