20 April, 2018.

Not trying to be hung up on the interview but I'd really like to give my confidence credits to a YouTuber called Cari Cakes. She is a California woman living in Seoul, South Korea.

After getting obsessed with BTS and then KPop as a whole, I wanted to know more about the S.Korean (Seoul in particular) life. But not from someone who has been living there their entire life but from a foreigner's perspective cause that would be more relatable. And I was very fortunate to have found out Cari's channel. 

She first came to Seoul in 2012 through an exchange program and lived in the city for I guess a year. She then went on to complete her education at America and then came back to live in Seoul cause loved the experience the first time she was there. The first Cari Cakes video that I saw was her Gangnam Apartment Tour and what instantly got me interested in her was that unlike the other Seoul Apartment Tour videos from other YouTubers that I had seen, she didn't really complain about the small size of her Korean abode. She just showed it as it is and seemed, frankly, content with her space. 

She is one of the very first relatable-but- good production Youtubers that I've come across in a while. And when I say relatable, I mean in the context of living a modest relatable life, with a normal job and everything. Her videos have a very calm asthetic to it. Her voice and personality in general is very calming. She shows off the various parts of Korea (and sometimes Japan, Hong Kong and other places) in such a beautiful way that I always look forward to her uploads. 

Anyways, coming to the main point, when Cari first came to Seoul as an exchange student, she applied for and even got an internship at Seoul itself. And not at just any random company but to THE YG ENTERTAINMENT, one of the big three entertainment companies in Korea! Woah!

She had no idea how to speak Korean yet she had the guts to apply at the place and even get accepted by them! I found that really cool. So I thought if this woman is brave enough to apply for an internship at such a big company in a foreign country without even knowing the language, what is stopping me from just applying for one? That's how she gave me confidence. Thank you Cari Cakes.