11 June, 2018.

Today was an okayish day at office.

Who thought bunking office for just 1 day could create such head aches later on?

Last Saturday, Boss I had given me work for the entire week and I was supposed to complete it by the Saturday that just went by. I did a part of it or on last Saturday itself but then got busy with other things. I thought the other part of the Boss I's work will also go by pretty quickly. Boy was I wrong.

On Friday I spent the entire day doing Boss I's work and it didn't get over! The work is too much! Since I didn't go to office on Saturday, I had to complete the rest of the work today. I thought I'll be able to complete it within an hour. But no, it took the entire day for the deed. Because of that I couldn't do any other work. Boss H got pissed everytime he came to me for some work and I told him that I'm doing Boss I's work.

But I couldn't help it dude! It's not like I waste my time doing time pass. I reach office every morning before 10AM (which is my actual reporting time) and work continously till 1:30-45, whenever the other interns get free. I used to go for walk after lunch but I've stopped that too now. I take a lunch of literally max 20 mins and sit back to work when the others go for a walk. I don't even talk much to the people around me even when they are joking around and having a gala time. I don't as much as look at my phone during the day apart from corresponding with writers and the times when Boss H is not in office and I have to WhatsApp him stuff. I'll probably have to figure out a time-effecient way to do work but it's not like I'm not doing my best.

At one point Boss I comes up to me and asks me for my progress. And then she scolds me.

Turns out, I worked on the story that was already worked on. Meaning that wasn't part of the work. I spent at least 2 hours on that story and now I get to know I wasn't supposed to. But honestly, the story didn't look done. If that is what the final product should look like then I think I've done a pretty good job with my stories.

Later, when I went to her to apologise, she asked "Do you think I'm a monster?". Well no, but I just didn't listen to instructions properly (which landed up wasting my time) so I had to apologise. It's just in my nature.

Nevertheless, Boss H getting pissed off at me and Boss I shouting at me doesn't sum to be a great day.

The only good thing that happened was a writer visit.

Remember the other day? I had to take an interview around 10:30PM on my own? That writer has been the only one who has been sticking to the guidelines and is doing a pretty good job with the story. She has been the sweetest soul I've come across in a while and I was really excited to meet her.

She came and we had a good chat. She seems very happy go lucky types but at the same time calm too. She was up for any other writing project that was there.

And that's what I think is a slight fuck up. When we got to know that this woman is ready to do work without knowing what she's getting paid (she told us to donate whatever money she'll get to charity), my Bosses' business mind went to all sorts of things they can just dump on her. I didn't want that to happen. I didn't want them to take advantage of her. I even told my bosses not to.

Normally, our writer meetings get over in an hour max. This woman came in at 12 and she was in the office even when it was time for us to leave! She was in office for more that 6 hours! I have no idea what the fuck Boss R was making her do. I was positive we had driven her away from this project by then but when I went to check up on them before leaving, the writer told me that she's having a really great time and that my office is super fun.

If she is okay with it then I am not that concerned but I will make sure that she is not taken advantage of. I got her on board and she is my responsibility.

On our way back home, the usual busses were taking an unusually long time to come to the bus stop. After waiting for about 15 mins, an AC bus came by and when we realised that it's going to the station route, we quickly got it. It was my first time in an AC bus and it was damn nice! There were very few people on the bus and in this weather, having AC is a bliss. It obviously costs more than the normal buses but it's worth it.

I just might take an AC bus if that's the first bus that comes my way.