1 May, 2018.

In the morning, dad suddenly came into the room and removed the huge world map that I haven't opened since easily the past 7-8 years. 

Looks like dad was still not over our conversation yesterday for he began locating the places we'd visited which then went on to become a "oh I know this place"/"oooh this place is here"'s journey. It was quite fun. I located quute a few places in South Korea and Japan and my dad looked surprised (Just kidding. He was kind of indifferent towards my knowledge of Asia). I didn't know that Daegu was initially called Taegu. Yep, this map is realllly old. 

It's my dad's birthday tomorrow and he, as usual, doesn't seemed pumped for it. He kinda doesn't care about it much. I probed him for a reason and he told me that when he was young, their family used to visit their relatives in the city (his family used to live in a village (which has now upgraded to a town)) and his birthday was never quite celebrated. And according to his time, celebrations used to be in the form of waking up early and taking a bath, having a small ceremony and taking parents blessings. Not quite fancy but good enough for them.

In another news, Kristen's writing account got featured! If I haven't mentioned before, Kristen has started an Instagram page where she's decided to post a written piece every single day of the year. It's pretty ambitious but that's a challenge she wants to accept and conquer so kudos to her! Anyways, I think she's about a month into the account and looks like she's finally got a small taste of the writing community on Insta! One of the accounts she follows (and has been following for a long time, according to her), tagged her in a story which said that he'd give a shout out to one of her work in a live stream. I think that's pretty cool. And I feel like it must have given Kristen an impetus to not give up on the page (not that she was even going to but you get my point). Good for her!