27 February, 2018 - HIXTAPE_D3

Today I had my entrepreneurship project.

My group was slotted to present in the afternoon. However, we still had a lot of work to do so I reached college by 9AM and started working on my part of the project. Gurtley joined me at 9:30 while Kristen came at 10, and Mr. President at 11:15AM. I don't even remember when did Paul come but it was for sure much later than the decided time.

Honestly I feel like we wasted a lot of time because we weren't really sure of our problem. Since we did this last moment, this was bound to happen. Gurtley had the most knowledge, followed by me. Mr. President, Kristen and Paul legit had no idea until today.

I made the last minute aesthetic changes to the PPT, we collectively decided who is going to speak what and hoped that this last minute prep won't backfire. 

I was frazzled cause I hadn't prepared for my speech and I can't just come up with things at the last moment. This has made me realize that I must be completely ready with my stuff so that I can help others without sabotaging my own work.

Our project was to find a practical application-based use of big data which can be fine tuned into a scale-able business model. We decided to show how we can use big data to solve the unequal or un-timely distribution of currency, denomination-wise.

During our presentation, our professor had a lot of unsatisfied queries cause we just hovered over the problem without providing any concrete solution. He is not the one to go all practical with projects but he decides to fuck us up with this one. But he genuinely seemed interested in our idea (cause apparently his father has a CRM firm and he faces the same problem) and offered us to participate in an Entrepreneurship Competition where we will be able to bring our project to life. The team who wins will get a cash price of 25000/- and will have to take this project up as an actual business.

I do not know if we will take the opportunity or not but I for sure know that I don't want to be entrepreneur yet and definitely not with this idea. It's bloody difficult! You literally have no data available for it on the internet (quite ironic, innit?). And quite frankly, there will be many clashes within the team and I can't handle it. 

But I'm really suprised that our professor called us one of the best groups. His comments were:

-> Very good problems identified
-> Mr. President has good presentation skills
-> Good job with giving the source of the structure of the banking sector. Also good idea of providing the Indian banking sector. Gives a good perspective. Also the reserve bank of India Act is intriguing. Provides a good background to the problem.
-> It would be interesting if you could have provided the amount of cash being circulated and what all denominations in circulation. Helps us understand the disparity of the currency.
-> Aesthetics of the presentations is really good
-> TAM for the world population may not be very relevant
-> Good effort put forward. Complex problem but good thought put in.

Honestly, I was most excited the asthetics compliment because I had made the presentation!:) But yeah, I was happy with the other points too. 

I went to charge my phone and met Ms. Paula. I spoke to her until my battery was sufficiently charged after which I left for home. At home, dad told me that he wants me to take the opportunity and keep a record of all the presentations I make. Sure dad!

Today's iHeartRadio Voting Efforts:

HIXTAPE_D3 for #BestFanArmy
HIXTAPE_D4 for #BestBoyBand

Boy Meets Evil Lyrics + Picture

Butterfly Lyrics + Picture

Spine Breaker Lyrics