27 April, 2018.

Today was a very good day.

I woke up, studied, ate, got ready and then left for college by 1:25PM. I met Kristen at her station and we traveled to college together. It felt so nice meeting her!

We had our Eco extra class, it was nice. But one not-so-good think was that apparently our juniors (whose exams have already begun) are having a tough time with the papers. Basically, it's always an unsaid advice to go through the last five years' papers of any subject because majority of the questions get repeated. So you just have to refer to those papers while studying (which is still quite a bit) instead of studying the entire text book. Its kind of like an unofficial question bank. Apparently this time around, a lot of the questions were asked from papers that were set more than 5 years ago. And their Accounts format changed a bit. That's scary! I really don't want that to happen to us.

After class, we went to as many teachers as we could to solve all our doubts. I'm pleasantly surprised by how many teachers I randomly went up to and started a conversation with, not even for academic purposes. I think I spoke to about 9 professors and 2 helping staff! When did I become so social?!

I spoke to my program director. She told me that she has sent mine and another guy's CV to a leading Law firm? I asked her about the job profile and she said she doesn't know for sure but she asked me to take up whatever job I get there, even if it's just to sit around and watch how the office works. Wut? I want to do an internship to learn something, not to sit around and do nothing. What's the point of doing an internship then? I conveyed my concerns to her and she told me not to be too choosy about what internship I should take. If I get this internship, it'll look very good on my CV and will be beneficial.

Bro, I don't care about how it'll look on CV. What's the point of getting a big name in my CV when I've gained no experience from it? What does having a big name in your CV even mean then?

For me -and I think this is what it really started out as- an internship is a transitional period from a student life to work life. Both of these are completely different and it'll be difficult to enter into a workplace and get settled in that routine when you've been a student and followed a student routine your whole life. Internship is meant to dip your toes into the work world, get a feel of it, get to understand how the world works and what skills and expectations you need to possess/meet in order to survive in said work world. And having internships in your CV is supposed to be a validation and to convince your potential employers (or any other entity that cares) of the fact that you're aware of and do possess the experience/ skills to get out of that student life and get into the work life.

This message seems to have been lost somewhere down the line. I know I'm basing this off of just one tiny incident but it's still weird to me. Maybe I'll have to get used to this? I don't know, we'll see.

After getting done with college and meeting the necessary faculty members, Kristen and I went to the resident canteen and had some fucking delicious fries! I've been wanting to eat this for days and last night, I could even imagine the taste. I was that desparate to have those fries. I went for my predecided pizza fries option while Kristen decided to try out the chocolate fries for once. I was very skeptical of it ever since I heard of it's existence but it was good! It kind of tasted like a waffle. But I don't think I'll be able to eat a bowlful of those fries. As it is, the quantity is quite big and I was struggling to even finish mine.

Kristen and I had a lovely chat while eating our fries and I felt really nice even in that situation. At about 5:00PM, we decided to leave for home. On my way back from my station to my house, I bought a can of Rio and drank the entire way walking to my house. Simple things like this make me think that I am loving how I'm living my youth. They say youth (especially college time) is the best time of your life. I'd like to continue having a great life even after college but yeah, I'm having a blast. I'm probably not *doing* all the things that people say make college the best time, but if I can *feel* great even when I'm not doing those things, I think that's the right feeling to have. Maybe I'll start drinking or clubbing or road tripping and all those kind of stuff someday but I don't think that I'm missing out on anything. Which is good.

On to my study schedule for the last week before exams. From tomorrow, I will have 6 days before exam. So I'm going to dedicate each day for each of my six subject for intense revision.

For now, this is how it's gonna go:
28th- Accounts
29th- Commerce
30th- Advertising
1st- Law
2nd- FC
3rd- Eco

I can already tell that this is subject to change but it's good to atleast have a plan to refer to.