Her Butler, Travelling

The next morning, Ana helped the others to pack their carriage with the luggage they would be taking to Houndsworth. She herself didn't have many clothes but Mey-Rin let her borrow some of hers. They were a bit big on her but she kept it tied around her waist so it wasn't too bad. She loved travelling when she used to work as a journalist but she had never been to Houndsworth. Apparently there was a resort there that Ciel had to procure on orders from the Queen and she couldn't wait to see it.

Meanwhile, Sebastian was helping Ciel to get ready. Sebastian crouched down and buttoned his shirt as Ciel sipped his tea.

"So, what did you find out?"
Sebastian stood. "Well, I couldn't find any information on a Rose Chambers. In fact, I went on to search the previous journalists record as well. Again, no Rose Chambers."
"She's using an alias," Ciel confirmed. "That was obvious."
"Indeed. But there was one name that appeared on both records," Sebastian told him. "Anastasia Terra."
"That doesn't sound like a British name."
"Unfortunately, there are no birth records for anyone under that name."
"Another alias perhaps?" Ciel asked.
"It could be. However, my task was to find out what linked her to Madam Red."
"And?"

Sebastian pulled out a thin folder from under the tray before passing it to Ciel. He took it before opening the folder, which inside held the medical records. The name at the top read 'Anastasia Terra' and there were three separate records. One from when this Anastasia was 12, another at 14 and another at 17. He carried on reading further and his eyes widened in shock. Checking through all three records, they all had the same thing written.

"Three abortions?!"
"Yes, my Lord."
Ciel frowned. "At such young ages..." He read further down in the notes. "Each time she got pregnant was due to rape. She must have been one of the children from the child trafficking scandal."
Sebastian nodded. "It seems so. It makes sense as to why Rose was so upset upon learning about Madam Red's death."
Ciel read some more. "She was treated for severe bruising and multiple stitches."
"Yes. It even made me feel sorry for her."
Ciel dropped the folder onto the bed. "Perhaps it doesn't suit well to interrogate her into her past. There's no wonder as to why she wanted to hide it." He sighed. "Do not speak to her about this."
Sebastian bowed. "Of course."

***

Ana sat at the back of the open carriage with the others. It was being pulled by a couple of horses with Tanaka holding the reins. They were all so excited about visiting the resort. They had even packed their swimming costumes so they could enjoy the pool. And they were super grateful that Ciel was taking them along as well. Mey-Rin, Finny and Bard were singing whilst Ana smiled, entertained by their joy.

"Holiday! Holiday! We're going on a holiday!"

Sebastian held the reins for the horse as Ciel sat in a separate carriage. Neither of them had confronted Ana about what they discovered. They thought it best not to open something that was such a sensitive topic.

It was fairly chilly with a light mist on the fields. They all had their coats on and Ana had her shawl. She forgot Sebastian had taken it from her when she first arrived there and he returned it to her due to the cold weather.

"This is so exciting!" Finny said. "I can't believe it."
Mey-Rin held her face. "Spectacular! He's actually bringing us. We get to go on holiday in the queen's own resort!"
Ana smiled. "It's going to be so much fun."
Bard casually lifted his hand. "Looks like the young master can be quite generous when the spirit moves him, ay?"

The other two nodded. Sebastian was smiling from the front carriage.

"Do you hear how happy they are?" he asked Ciel. "They're very grateful to you. Such a kind, young master."
"I couldn't leave them there alone. I might come home to find the manor in shambles."
"Indeed. But I'm sure Rose would have handled them well."
"Taken a liking to her now, have you?"
"Not necessarily. I simply know a good worker when I see one."