Her Butler, Gone

Ciel and the servants returned to the manor. Although most of it had burned down, they wondered if Sebastian and Ana had gone there. But there was no sign of them. With nowhere else to go, the servants safely got Ciel to the country house.

When Ciel checked in the mirror, the contract seal was still there. That meant that Sebastian would still have to carry out his orders.

"Sebastian," he called. "Sebastian, return right now."

He waited for a couple of minutes but Sebastian never appeared. There was a chance that Sebastian had left with Ana. However, after two years as posing as his butler, Ciel knew he would have taken his soul before leaving. And he was certain Ana would have said something. But they simply vanished right in front of them.

There was a knock at the door and he quickly covered the seal with his eye patch. He turned to the door and called whoever was there. It was Tanaka in his normal form.

"Oh, Tanaka," he sighed. "Is everything alright?"
"Yes. With Sebastian and Anastasia missing, I will retake my role as head butler until their return," he informed.
Ciel nodded once. "Very well. I just can't think where they would have gone..."
"I am certain they will return soon. Rest now, master. I will return shortly with your warm milk."
"Thank you, Tanaka."

• One Year Later •

A year passing on earth was equivalent to 70 years passing in heaven.

To Ana, it had been 70 years since she last saw Sebastian. And 70 years since she had killed him. Thanks to his sacrifice, her baby was still safely growing inside her womb. But in all those years, she never grew to love heaven. She never spoke to the other angels and she kept herself to herself. After the test was carried out, she was instantly transported into heaven and she was never able to leave again. According to Angel Gabriel, she would have to give birth first so that the demon half of the baby could be purified. If the baby didn't get purified, it would have to remain abandoned on earth since it wouldn't belong in heaven.

However, she had been pondering on an idea. She 100% knew that God was aware of her idea but He was waiting for her to make her request. He knew she wanted to speak to Him but she wasn't ready yet.

All she could think about was Sebastian. She remembered how he had helped her grow and become stronger. He was always so patient with her. And she remembered the day she found out she was pregnant. She was so worried that her body was initially rejecting the baby but he made her feel so calm even though he was secretly worried that she and the baby would be harmed. He was so excited about the baby. He truly loved his little Odette since day one and he deserved the title of father. She also recalled him saying that he would protect them with his life. And he did.

On the day she found out she was pregnant, he told her that he would only be satisfied once the three of them were together in France. He built a home for them in Provence and that was where she needed to be.

"Father," she spoke for the first time.
"I am here."
"Why..? Why would you allow this to happen?"
"I would never put you through something that you aren't strong enough to handle," He told her. "Do you lose faith in Me?"
She shook her head. "No. But it makes me question You."
"Questions are good. If you do not ask, you shall never know."
"So, why would you put me through such a test? You told me that everything that has happened in my life was to lead me straight to Malphas? So, why would You take him from me? Why would You make me end him? Why would You test me so harshly?"
"It was never your test. Malphas proved himself worthy."
She was confused. "That was his test..?"
"Yes."
"So, if he's proved himself, can't You bring him back?"
"I can."