Her Butler, Nightmarish

Sebastian was watching Ana sleep as he usually did. The only thing visible in the dark room were glowing pink eyes focused on her serene face. There was one single thing that was unlike any other night, however. Ana was talking in her sleep.

"No... I won't do it," she said for the sixth time. "No."

She was talking to the angels. He only knew because she mentioned the name of Archangel Gabriel.

"No, I won't do it!" she repeated, only this time being visibly angered by whatever they were saying. "Leave me alone!!"

She suddenly startled awake and began panting heavily. Her eyes found Sebastian's in the dark as he cupped her cheek and she instantly began to relax. She closed her eyes again and composed herself.

"Nightmare?" he asked softly.
"I... I think so." Looking up at him, she shook her head. "I can't remember what happened... I awoke from a flash of white light, that's all I can remember." She breathed out and turned to cuddle into him. "My heart is pounding."
He held onto her, lifting her on top of him as he lay back. "Rest now."
She snuggled her face against his chest. "I can't sleep."
"You do not need to sleep. Simply rest. The stress won't do you or the baby any good."

She nodded and closed her eyes, relaxing in his embrace. Sebastian decided against telling her what she said in her sleep. The last thing he wanted was to cause her any stress. Still, he wondered what the angels were saying to her.

"Malphas?"
"Yes, my dear?"
"Do you love me?"
"Of course I do," he answered. "Why would you ask that?"
"I don't know... I'm scared, Malphas."
He smiled softly and brushed his thumb across her lips. "It's okay to be afraid. But what are you scared of?"
She shook her head. "I don't know..."
"Listen to me, Anastasia. I'm always with you. If you worry too much, it will do no good for you or the baby."
She lay her head on his chest again and closed her eyes. "I know... I'm sorry."
"Don't be." He lifted her head again to look into her eyes. "But I am sorry."
Her brows furrowed slightly. "For what?"

A dagger materialised in his hand before he stabbed her chest. Her eyes widened as she coughed up blood, some splattering on his smirking face as the pain surged throughout her body. His sharp teeth were bared as he wedged the weapon in deeper. She stared at him in pure shock as blood poured from her eyes.

"Why..?" her voice strained.
"Goodbye, my dear."

Ana suddenly gasped as her body jerked awake. The room was filled with the morning light and she saw Sebastian looking at her with concern from the wardrobe.

"Anastasia, what's wrong?" he asked.

She stared at him confused and in silence, the only sound coming from her heavy breathing. Concerned by her behaviour, he made his way to the bed and reached out to her. However, she suddenly sat up and backed away from him.

His eyes widened a little. "Anastasia..."
She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "I... I'm sorry... I-I-I had a nightmare..." She looked up at him again, her hands clutching onto the quilt. "Are... Are you okay?"
"I'm worried about you." He sat down on the bed, noticing how she scooted a little further away from him. "What happened in your nightmare?"
She shook her head. "I don't want to say..."
"If you bottle it up inside, it will cause you further stress. It will not do you nor the baby any good."

She just looked at him. He had said a very similar thing in the nightmare. He noticed her hesitation and sighed.

"Please, Anastasia..."
She gulped as tears welled up in her eyes. "You... You killed me..."

His eyes widened. It was no wonder why she was trying to keep her distance from him. As the tears rolled down her cheeks, he hesitantly reached out and wiped them away. Even then he felt her tense under his touch.