Games. Just Games.

Matthew: Hey, guys! E's unavailable at the moment-- she said she was going somewhere, but she never really said where-- but Andrew and I are here to keep you guys busy with... stuff that we do when we're bored. It's sounds boring, but trust me, it's not.

Andrew: Matt, come on! We're playing patintero, and you'd better hurry before you miss the first match!

Matthew: Oh, cool! Coming! (Runs out with Andrew to the "street" outside, where four children (the neighbors' children), along with Eevee, Daniel, Alan, and Pericles, were waiting and splitting into groups) What did I miss?

Alan: Oh, nothing at all, Matthew! They were just choosing our teammates! Come on, hurry up before they finish!

Eevee: And before ah finish all mah berries! (Matthew and Andrew position themselves in the "choice pit" (where basically all the vacant players stand until they're taken by a team))(Two kids, the established leaders of each group, stand at either side of the "choice pit" and choose which of the two to take)

Kid no. 1: (Thinks for a while) Mateo, dito ka! (Matthew (Mateo is kinda the Filipino translation for Matthew, so... As for the others with Filipino names, I'll use the English translations down here), you're here!)

Matthew: Sige, Juan! (Alright, John!)(Jogs over to the kid's group)

Kid no. 2: Andres, alam mo na ang gagawin! (Andrew, you know the drill!)

Andrew: Oo naman, Felipe! (Of course, Philip!)(Runs to the other kid's group)(He and Matthew exchange edgy grins as John and Philip face off for rock-paper-scissors)(John gets rock, while Philip gets.... paper) Yes! In your face, Matt! (Matthew sticks a disappointed tongue out at him)

John: Anong gusto mong gagawin, Felipe? Takbo o magharang? (What do you want to do, Felipe? Run or block?)

Philip: (Looks at his teammates, who all give him the same look) Magharang na lang kami. (We'll block, that's all.)

John: Sige! (Alright!)(Reaches his hand out) Magandang laro? (Good game?)

Philip: (Shakes John's hand) Palagi! (Always!) Pero kami ay ang mananalo ngayon! (But we will win this time!)

John: Ha! Tignan na lang natin ang mangyayari ngayon! (We'll see what happens today!)

Philip: (Walks back to the group) Ito ang gagawin natin, ha? (This is what we'll do, okay?) Andres, Laura, as harap kayo. (Andrew, Laura, you'll be in the front.) Pedro, Miguel, sa gitna kayo. (Peter, Michael, you'll be in the middle.) Sa likod ako kasama ni Lucas. (I'll be in the back with Luke.)

Laura: Teka lang, paano ba maglaro ng patintero? (Wait, how do you play patintero?)

Philip: Ay, oo nga pala. (Oh, right.) Nakalimutan ko na ito pala ang munang laro mo ng patintero. (I forgot that this was, after all, your first time playing patintero.) Ito ang mga tuntunin ng laro. (These are the rules of the game.)

Andrew: Mayroong dalawang grupo: ang mga tatakbo at ang mga haharang. (There are two groups: the runners and the blockers.)

Peter: Mayroon din ang mga linya sa sahig gawang tubig. (There are also the lines on the floor made out of [the trace marks of] water.) Dahil kami ay ang mga haharang, kailangan namin tayain sila bago makatakbo sila papunta sa kabila ng palaruan at balik sa dulo. (Because we are the blockers, we have to tag them before they get to the other side of the court and back to the [starting] side.)

Michael: Pero dahil kami ay ang mga haharang, bawal kaming lumabas ng mga linya namin. (But we are the blockers, we are not allowed to step out of our lines.)(Points at the lines of water trace marks creating a wide 2 x 2 block grid) Kita mo ba ang mga linya diyan? (Do you see the lines there?)