Comedic Shorts, Ep. 2

Setting: A kid's restaurant with a bar.

(There are children singing and being happy in the restaurant with Delibird and Meloetta performing onstage, and meanwhile in the bar, Andrew is crying his eyes out on the bar table. A puddle has already formed on the part of the table where he put his head, and Andrew raises his head up and wipes a tear from his eye.)

Andrew: Alright, get it together, old boy! (He pauses for a while before he comes up with an idea.) I know! I'll just stop thinking about it! (He sniffles and wipes his beak with his flipper. Soon the tears stop flowing and he smiles.) And you know, I actually feel a little better. I don't even remember why I was sad! (Matthew walks in right after Andrew says that.)

Matthew: Hey! What's the new head guardian doing in a dump like this— (Andrew immediately starts bawling his eyes out once more.)

Andrew: WAAAAAAAAAAA-HAAAA-HAAAA-HAAAAAH!!! (He smacks his face down onto the table again and cries.)

Matthew: (He sits besides Andrew awkwardly.) Wow, pressure's already setting in.

Andrew: (He looks up to Matthew.) No, Matt. You don't understand! I... didn't become head guardian.

Matthew: What? Why?!

Andrew: E thinks I'm a (His voice cracks at the word.) kId!

Matthew: (He smacks his head in shock.) What?!?! That's insane!

Andrew: I know!

Matthew: (He points at Andrew.) B-but, saying you're a kid is like— it's like saying (He points at himself.) I'M a kid!! (AG places a tray of sushi in front of Matthew.)

AG: (He says in a very monotone and dull voice.) Here's your Pecha berry sushi meal, sir. (He turns to move out of camera view.)

Matthew: Hey, I'm supposed to get a toy with this! (A plastic hand puppet of Delibird is suddenly thrown from offscreen smack onto Matthew's face.) Thanks.

Andrew: (Matthew starts to dig into the neatly cut maki rolls on the table with his bare hands instead of using the given chopsticks.) I'm heading home, Matt. The celebration's off.

Matthew: (He says in a slightly muffled voice.) Are you sure?

Andrew: Yeah. I'm not in a Deli-mood. (He jumps down the chair and walks away.)

Matthew: Oh, okay. See you. (AG approaches the bar table again with a big pinkish ball of mochi on his plate.)

AG: (He puts the plate down in front of Matthew.) And here's your extra-large Mago-berry-flavored mochi ice cream, sir. (Andrew stops in his tracks upon hearing the name of the dish. He shyly walks back up to the bar table.)

Matthew: (He rubs his hands, excited to dig in.) Yum!

Andrew: Huh. Extra-large Mago-berry-flavored mochi ice cream, huh? Well, I guess I could use one of those.

Matthew: Haha! (He pat's Andrew's back encouragingly as he hops back onto his seat before.) Now you're talking! (He says to AG.) Hey, waiter! We'll need another one over here!

AG: (He irritatedly grabs another cake and plops it down in front of Andrew.) Here you go.

Andrew: Ooh! (Matthew and Andrew dive face-first into their cakes, eating shamelessly like dogs, with bits and pieces splattering everywhere. Some pieces land on AG, who could only watch.)(The two eventually burp very loudly, happy with the cakes.) Boy, Matt, that hit the spot! I'm feeling better already!