Lie To Me (Sal x Reader)

((Ft. Julia Michaels version but the original is better, no shade))

I kind of went off track towards the end, yeet.

Reader's POV

Nothing can ever prepare you for life, especially one that involves the one man that I loved with my whole heart. Sal knew this of course, and yet, he felt the need to put me through it all. It was almost as though he loved to hurt me, loved to destroy every last ounce of happiness that I had left inside.

We had been together for six months, and within that time, I had grown to love the man that I saw him for. He was caring and attentive at first, everything that I could have hoped for in a significant other...and then he snapped. I don't know what I did wrong, what made the man do a complete 180 and turn from the loving soul that he was, to this monster that was out to break every last part of me.

Sal ended up cheating on me, evidently on the day of my birthday, and even worse so, he made sure that I caught him. He wanted me to find out, he wanted me to scream and shout at him. I can remember feeling the tears stinging their way down my face, as a cocky smirk sat upon his lips; it was as if the man didn't feel any remorse whatsoever.

I saw you looking brand new overnight
And I caught you looking too, but you didn't look twice
You look happy, oh

Knowing how I had fallen for him, Sal found the opportunity to add to the damage he was throwing my way. He tormented with the emotional connection that held us together, I was desperate to keep him in my life, to have Sal remain somewhat mine. I was vulnerable, lost in my own mind when I had first met him, and Sal had somehow pulled me from the dirt, opening up a whole new perspective to life that I had never considered before...until he became just like everyone else.

I was aware that I was hard work, and that it took a lot of strength and devotion to put up with myself. I was a mess, and a part of me had hoped that Sal could see through all of my imperfections, and he did for a short time.

Neither one of us had hinted at breaking up, Sal knew that I didn't want what we had to end. He used me for the limited things that I was good for, before setting off and finding another girl to sleep with that very same night.

Flashing back to New York City
Changing flights so you stay with me
Remember thinking that I got this right

Memories of what we once were was almost haunting to picture, as I stared down at Sal's hoodie on my bed. He had left a couple of days ago, and still, I refrained from moving the last piece I had of him. I knew that he was with someone else at that very moment, telling her all the lies that he told me; promising a life that I know for one, is not worth waiting for.

I was brought out of my thoughts by the sound of the bedroom door closing. I looked up, my gaze meeting with the man stood opposite me. If Sal could sleep around, then why couldn't I?

"[Y/N], are you okay?" Michael asked, his voice soft and I could sense the sincerity to his tone.

I had met Michael at school in my senior year, we had hit it off instantly, but, when we graduated, he moved away to college and I hadn't seen him since. It was only thanks to my friends dragging me out for the night that I bumped into him again.

"Yes...yeah," I shook my head, taking Sal's hoodie in my grasp and chucking it aside.

Michael stepped over to where I was stood, his hands wrapping around my waist, as I peered up to find him smiling down at me. His eyes held a pale green colouring and he had a smile that made his eyes crinkle; reminding me more of Sal. His hair was spikey and dyed a jet black, but his face remained as young as it was the first time that we had met all of those years ago.