We Are Young (Sal x Meghan) - Part One

Request sent privately. There will be a part two soon.

Third Person POV

Give me a second I,
I need to get my story straight

Sitting at the table amidst the lively bar, Sal's eyes locked onto hers, the melancholy held in her eyes, as he felt his heart shatter within his chest. Things between the couple had been rocky for a while, fight after fight, break up after break up, and even after it all, Sal still felt just as bad as he did after the first time.

"Can we not work this out?" He asked desperately, witnessing the girl shake her head in response, scared to use her voice.

"N-No," Meghan stammered out, her voice coated in trembles.

"Why not?" Sal sighed, as he moved his hand to meet with hers, clasping her palm firmly in his grip. "I can't lose you, not again, Meghan."

"You said that last time, Sal." She sniffled, jolting out of his hold on her. "You've hurt me too many times now. That's it. I'm done with you."

Sal accepted the truth, hiding his emotions, as he watched his now ex make her way up to the bar. His eyes fixated on her figure from afar; the regret overriding his whole body. Sal wished that he hadn't hurt the only woman that he had ever loved, but at the time, his anger was in control.

My friends are in the bathroom getting higher than the Empire State
My lover she's waiting for me just across the bar

Haunting memories of his hand constricting around her neck flashed into his mind, as he found himself losing to his daze. Her sobs of pain being something that the man never wanted to have to hear again. Sal had to fix things, he wanted to fix things between the couple. No matter how long it were to take him to do so.

Sal watched over the girl like a hawk, as she sat at the bar, soon being approached by a man. He had a receding hairline, eyebrows that were too perfect to be natural, a slim build, and eyes that matched the colour of mud. Furrowing his brows, Sal could have sworn that he recognised the man from school.

My seat's been taken by some sunglasses asking 'bout a scar, and
I know I gave it to you months ago

"Hi, Love," Sal greeted, acting as though nothing had happened between himself and Meghan, as he stood beside her, curling his arm around her waist, and pulled the girl into his embrace. "I reckon that we should get home soon, you know, with work tomorrow and stuff."

A scowl played on her face, as Meghan turned to Sal, shoving him back a step. Deep down, Sal knew that he deserved to be given the silent treatment, but that didn't mean that his heart stopped caring about her. Meghan had no idea who the man sat beside her was, and Sal had a funny feeling that he wasn't the most pleasant of souls.

"Leave me alone, Sal." Meghan warned. "I'm busy talking to...er, to..."

"James." The man finished for her, holding his hand out to Sal. "It's nice to meet you."

"We've met before." Sal muttered through gritted teeth, rejecting James' offer of his hand.

"We have?" James questioned. "When?"

"You were the dickhead in school who used to copy all of my work, and somehow get a better grade than me." Sal spat.

"I'm sorry, I don't remember that." James shrugged. "Are you sure that it was me?"

"Beady eyes, face like a ferret. How could it not be you?"

"Sal, just leave us alone." Meghan commented, sensing the offended behaviour James was now portraying. "We're not together anymore. Get over it."