Brian - Stress Relief

This is inspired by a chapter written by 5sosafterparty.

There was a hard knocking against the wooden door to his apartment, the sound echoing about the halls, but you couldn't care less if your fist pounding against the door were to disturb the neighbours.

You were mad, furious, even, and were in desperate need of someone to rant to about the murky and downright depressing day that work had provided for you. So much so, that the amount of noise you were creating was the least of your concerns at this moment in time.

Just as your arm was beginning to tire, the door was finally pulled open, revealing the perplexed looking figure of your best friend. Brian furrowed his brows together, as he opened the door fully, allowing you to enter without needing to question your arrival; it was evident to the man. It wasn't the first time that you had turned up on his doorstep unannounced in a foul mood.

Stomping your way down the hall and into his living area, the heels of your work shoes hitting against the hardwood floors, as you threw your purse onto the coffee table, beginning to pace about the room.

"What a warm welcome," Brian chuckled, joining you in the room, after having closed the front door behind you.

His arms crossed across his chest, as his eyes searched your face; trying to figure out what was the reasoning behind your dismal mood this time. "What's happened now?"

"One word for you," You chided. "Fucking work."

"I believe that that's two words, but continue," Brian gestured, taking a seat on the sofa, his eyes following you about the room, as you traipsed back and forth.

"My boss wins Asshole of the Year award that's for sure." You scoffed, shaking your head, as you could feel the anger writhing through your veins. "I'm just another airhead to him, he doesn't think that I bring anything to the company, all because his perfect son takes my ideas as his own."

Brian pouted sincerely; he understood your fury, especially after how hard you had worked to be in the position that you were in today. It was soul destroying. He adjusted the black beanie that had '86' on the front that sat atop of his head, hiding the deep brown hair underneath.

The single curl poked out from under the cotton fabric, his brown eyes glowing with sincerity, as he finally brought himself to respond to you.

"I'm sorry, [Y/N]...do you want to me to go in and have a word with this fucking goose?"

You snickered lightly at his offer, knowing full well that Brian 'having a word' with someone almost always ended up in some sort of a brawl. He was only looking out for you, which you appreciated, but knew that it was probably for the best that Brian didn't get himself involved this time around; not when your job was on the line.

"It's okay," You brought yourself to say, finally taking a seat on the sofa to his side. "I doubt it would change anything. I guess that I'm still enraged and need to relieve this tension."

"Anything I can do to help?" Brian asked, standing to his feet and shoving his hands into the pockets of his sweatpants that hung loosely from his hips.

His actions caught your attention, as your eyes traced down his presence. Brian wasn't a one to show off, but underneath the hooded jumper lay a body that you had seen time and time again. Brian very often looked like a walking definition of sex, he seemed to hide that side of him, however.

Feeling the heat rise to your cheeks, you couldn't help but cower, as your stare fell to your feet, hiding the smile that was pulling at your lips. Without saying a word, Brian knew you all too well, as he pulled his hoodie over his head, throwing the clothing to the floor.