(M) If at first you don't succeed

While the young boy sat in the alley, he looked into the bowl and saw... he only had $5.

Maybe he can afford a cheap snack. He sighed and hugged his knees as he looked at the bowl. The bowl had a crack in it... a large one that was hard to not notice.

(YN) could have given up then. He could have saved what little pride he had left and give up on his dreams. Maybe he could just leave his reputation as that. Just be known as the 15 second fame that slightly entertained a crowd of people with illusions and a cheap suit.

But (YN) stood up and grabbed the bowl. He looked at his reflection and he shook his head.

(YN): The... The world is just testing me... Testing to see if I am worthy of my dream... I'll.. I'll prove it. I'll show everyone

He held the bowl and went over to buy something cheap to eat. He headed over to a near by shop and he took off the carpet cape and the green suit and bundled them up. He folded the suit and put it into the bowl while he used the carpet to carry and hold them all together. His natural clothes were... Less then nice.

His shirt was a torn and faded black. The bottom had scratch marks and was ripped a bit and the whole thing was beaten up. The fact that one sleeve was missing didn't help it's lack of appeal. His pants were beaten jeans with baggy bottoms and was ripped at the knees. It was faded blue jeans that was loose on his legs and dragged off against the back of his legs.

As much as (YN) didn't like wearing this, they're the closest thing to clothes he had. And with the performance he gave just an hour ago, people may recognized him if he kept the suit on.

He walked into a shop and looked around, looking for anything that can be afforded and that was also cheap. It surprised him to see the variety of things available. Dust, Clothes, Food, even some school supplies.

(YN) eventually walked to the cashier of the shop with just two candy bars. He put them on the cash register's desk and fiddled with the money he had.

Cashier: That'll be... $3.99.
(YN): O-Okay..

Once he handed the cashier the money, an abrupt crashing sound erupted from the front of the door. Followed with rapid footsteps.

I turned over and saw that several of faunas were charging into the building and held the cashier at gun point. In a panic, I used my semblance to block any and all signs of my presence, giving off the feeling that I teleported, though I stayed in the same area.

Unfortunately, I was only half successful. The armed faunas assumed I teleported, but They kept the cashier at gun point. I moved out as a panic and hid into an isle while several more armed guards walked in.

Among these faunas, there was a man. A well known criminal, and my former boss from my last heist...

Roman Torchwick

I held my breath and tried to focus on saving the cashier

I held my breath and tried to focus on saving the cashier. I slowly crawled over to the register and used my semblance to emit a green fog to provide him with an escape, which he used to rush out of the shop while a few guards chased him down. I sighed quietly and looked around as Roman's men loaded several dust containers into bags and had them search the place for anything of value. I tried to emit more green fog to make my own escape, but I think someone was getting a sense of my presence.

Roman himself. He cursed under my breath as he walked to the register and hit it open with his cane.

Roman: These cashiers. It's like they get more cowardly by the decade... But at least I profit.

He took out his wallet and started to put some of the money into it before he looked around and another, much louder crash bursted through the otherside of the store. I looked over and my illusion wore off and I saw... Huntress. A team of them.

Roman: Well Well

Roman: Well Well. If it isn't Little Red...

(YN) just sighed quietly to himself. His semblance was starting to wear off...